TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Sniffing the 10s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiritdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sniffing the 10s
    Posted: Apr/16/2017 at 8:59pm
Took the Spirit out last Sunday to try and dip into the 10s. Only mustered 11.008@121.44 mph. The radials are hooking good and the mph is there. Just need to find a little more ET. Video link below. Ignore the difficulty staging, it normally doesn't go like that.
spiritdude

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.diesel.37/videos/pcb.683134001866382/683132288533220/?type=3&theater
83GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2017 at 9:16pm
That was a very good run!  Looks like you hooked up really well.  You'll be in the 10's before long...Wink
2014 Star Stryker - Only Ride
1992 Bayliner Trophy Walk-Around
spiritdude View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiritdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2017 at 9:20pm
83GT did you get the pictures of the cowl hood I sent to your e-mail?
83GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2017 at 5:06am
Originally posted by spiritdude spiritdude wrote:

pictures of the cowl hood I sent to your e-mail?

I sure did and I replied to you there.  You did a great job on that cowl hood!
2014 Star Stryker - Only Ride
1992 Bayliner Trophy Walk-Around
GaragefullAMC View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaragefullAMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2017 at 6:05pm
Car still looks good Larry !     Good to see it out again!   
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiritdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2017 at 11:39am
Thanks Mike! Put insurance and a tag on it and been out cruising and to a few car shows as well. I bought the car to have fun and I am trying to get back to that. Although, it would be nice to get it into the 10s in street trim also.
dude
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2017 at 12:04pm
Nice,
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiritdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2017 at 12:24pm
tsanchez,
Thanks!

GaragefullAMC,
Do you still have your Spirit? If so, are you interested in a good looking cowl hood for it? My buddy and I have a built a real nice mold for a 4 inch cowl and we are working on a 6 inch one now. I have pics if you want to see it. And no it isn't a Chevy cowl put on a Spirit hood. We actually dissected a Spirit hood and raise it up with the factory lines and all. Let me know.
spiritdude
GaragefullAMC View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaragefullAMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2018 at 8:24am
Dude,     Send me a picture of the cowl hood you were talking about... a69amx@charter.net    I got my Spirit out of the back corner of the shop last week..   Still looks good when you clean the dust off it..  Mike 
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiritdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2018 at 9:43pm
GarageFull,
I sent some pics via e-mail as you requested. I also posted on this forum part of the project and build. here is the link:
http://theamcforum.com/forum/spirit-cowl-hood-project_topic88797_post789665.html?KW=cowl+hood+project#789665

spiritdude
spiritdude
1982 Spirit-10.865 @123.16mph
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic