TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

American Racing Headers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Racing Headers
    Posted: Feb/28/2017 at 4:30pm
Hello AMC enthusiasts. My name is Nick Filippides and I own and operate American Racing Headers located in Deer Park, NY. We just wanted to introduce ourselves to your community and let you know we're now finishing a new prototype of high quality 304 S/S headers for the AMX, Javelin and other models similar to these chassis. We've got a lot to learn about these cars in terms of all the similarities and your help with that would be greatly appreciated.
Not to overstep our boundaries, is there a fee to participate as a sponsor of the forum? If there is please advise and we'll take the necessary steps. Once we're good to go I'll follow up and post a new thread with pictures of what we're going to offer exactly. Thank you in advance.

Nick
A.R. Headers

AMoCoLite View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMoCoLite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2017 at 6:52pm
Alright!

I'm stoked...had ARH long tubes, x-pipe and Pure Thunders on my Boss 302...and I'm getting ready to put an exhaust on my '68 AMX (month or so)...when will you have something available?

Welcome to the Forum!

70Javelin360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Javelin360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2017 at 7:23pm
I'd be interested in 2" or bigger for my hornet, instead of having custom made ones ;)
nice website btw!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2431219
A.R. Headers View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2017 at 8:08pm
Guys, I'm not sure that our headers will fit the Hornet if they're made for the Javelin and AMX. I'm told they will fit the Rambler. Hopefully you guys can elaborate more on that. I can tell you that they are very high in quality and should be the last set of headers your hot rod will ever need. Expect outstanding performance far superior to what you'd expect from other off the shelf headers. It seems Amocolite can attest to that. Thanks for chiming in.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2017 at 1:41pm
Guys if someone from the administrative staff can shoot me an email regarding sponsorship I'd really appreciate it. We want to post more information but not without permission. My email is nick@americanracingheaders.com

Thank you.

Nick
KyleCim View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KyleCim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2017 at 1:43pm
AMX/Javelin will be different than the small car Hornet/Gremlin/Spirit chassis stuff.

You guys make some killer stuff, nice to see you working on a project like this I wish I could have came up with the cash to have you do the headers for me Hornet when we were emailing.

Thanks!
Kyle
70 Hornet- 401/727/9"- Too Many Expensive parts-9.71@136
68 AMX- 401, E-Brock tunnel ram, Fiberglass front end

92 Laser RS AWD- 10.19@139 2.0L
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2017 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by KyleCim KyleCim wrote:

AMX/Javelin will be different than the small car Hornet/Gremlin/Spirit chassis stuff.

You guys make some killer stuff, nice to see you working on a project like this I wish I could have came up with the cash to have you do the headers for me Hornet when we were emailing.

Thanks!
Kyle

Kyle, if at any time you want to get those custom made, we'd gladly do it for you. At this point we'd like to see where our line for the Javelin and AMX goes. If it takes off and there's demand we will look into the Hornet which probably takes care of the Gremlin as well. We've already made the team at Edelbrock aware of what's coming and we even set up our fixture to adapt a big block Mopar flange for the AMC heads offered by Indy Cylinder Heads.

We're taking this line very seriously but we do not want to upset anyone on this forum if becoming a sponsor is required before advertising. We're anxious to spread the word but we want to do it the right way. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Nick

KyleCim View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KyleCim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2017 at 2:51pm
Just an FYI- 

Edelbrock moved the spark plug locations on their heads on cylinders 3&5 and 4&6 compared to the stock Iron heads. Depending what primary size and flange type you guys plan to do, you will want Stock, Edelbrock and Indy SR heads on site to make sure those 4 spark plugs are fully removable with the headers installed. 

Thanks!
70 Hornet- 401/727/9"- Too Many Expensive parts-9.71@136
68 AMX- 401, E-Brock tunnel ram, Fiberglass front end

92 Laser RS AWD- 10.19@139 2.0L
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2017 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by KyleCim KyleCim wrote:

Just an FYI- 

Edelbrock moved the spark plug locations on their heads on cylinders 3&5 and 4&6 compared to the stock Iron heads. Depending what primary size and flange type you guys plan to do, you will want Stock, Edelbrock and Indy SR heads on site to make sure those 4 spark plugs are fully removable with the headers installed. 

Thanks!

Kyle, thanks for the heads up (no pun intended) :-). I did hear about the angled plug on their heads and I'm thinking we're ok based on our tube routing. Bad news travels fast. I'm sure I'll know about a clearance issue really soon but from the looks of it, the angled plugs may provide even more space.

Nick
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2017 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by 70Javelin360 70Javelin360 wrote:

I'd be interested in 2" or bigger for my hornet, instead of having custom made ones ;)
nice website btw!
Coming this year!
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic