TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN JUNE 10, 2017, 6TH ANNUAL!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN JUNE 10, 2017, 6TH ANNUAL! - Event Date: Jun/10/2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN JUNE 10, 2017, 6TH ANNUAL!
    Posted: Feb/08/2017 at 1:30pm
Time has slipped up on me again and I'm a little late getting out our posting for the 6th Annual East Texas AMC Cruise-In, June 10, 2017, hosted here in Lufkin, TX.   As always, for those unfamiliar with this event, click one of the links below from 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 to take a peek at what you've missed:

Can't really sum it better than I already have in years past, so this may look familiar:
This has been described as the most comfortable car event most folks have ever attended.  We'll have plenty of sun and plenty of shade, cars are parked on grass, not hot pavement (unless we have to substitute the event location due to weather, which thankfully hasn't been required yet), plenty of good food, plenty of good friends, plenty of good cars and Jeeps, plenty of parts, this is the AMC place to be in June.  There were some really good parts sales/swaps/deals made last year.  Whether it is a trailered show car, a survivor original, a work in progress or even if it's not running or you think it's just too ugly, "Drive it, Drag it or Tow it!", all are welcome!  And we mean that.  We have had folks come in from several surrounding states to participate and attend.  See if you can come and win the Long Distance award this year (a hint: you may have to come from further than Mississippi.)

A little bit about our location.  Lufkin, TX has a population of over 35,000 and is a hub for East TX and the surrounding area, fairly centrally located between:

120 miles north on Hwy 59 of downtown Houston

85 miles south on Hwy 69 from downtown Tyler

175 miles south-east from downtown Dallas

165 miles east of Waco

125 miles east of College Station

120 miles south-west from downtown Shreveport, LA

160 miles west of Alexandria, LA

175 miles south of Texarkana, TX/AR

300 miles north-east of San Antonio

We look forward to seeing all our old friends and making new ones too.  More details and our show flyer will follow.

Feel free to contact us with any questions: Reagan Ratliff: 936/225-0569 or ratliffr@icloud.com

Once owned'70 Donohue 360 :(
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
'74/'75 Wagoneer 401 project(s)
'74 Javelin 401 very late (the last?) built.
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2017 at 4:29pm
Reagan,
Paris Car show is same day.
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
BayshoreBlues View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2017 at 4:54pm
Here is the flyer for this years' event.  Please save, print out and distribute freely and widely. Remember, this is open to all AMC related vehicles in any condition, bring your Bricklin, postal Jeep, Renault or AM General, all are welcome whether show cars or projects (yes, even non-running ones), bring them all. 
Thanks,
Reagan

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2017 at 9:40am
Just bumping up our post as we are a little over a month out now.  Really looking forward to seeing everyone again at our AMC family reunion.  If you haven't attended in the past, make this the year you do and you'll keep coming back every year afterward.  
Reagan
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2017 at 4:58pm
Counting down to the this years' event, just three weeks left.  T-shirts will be available again this year, so let me know as soon as you can how many and what size you are needing.  They will be $15 for adult small through XL with XXL and XXXL being $17.  In past years we have had a number of folks that couldn't make it, but still wanted an event shirt mailed to them and we will certainly do that again this year (we already have one being shipped overseas, thanks Scott).  I will need to check current postage rates to determine if they have changed since last year, but if not I believe I can ship up to three shirts per envelope for $6.80.  After that the weight and bulk increases and we would need to determine what the shipping charge would be.  Our t-shirts along with a donation jar at the event are how we attempt to break even on the expenses each year, so any and all orders are appreciated.  Hey, buy extras for friends, neighbors and Christmas gifts Wink Please, contact me as soon as possible so we can get our order together for the folks that make our shirts for us.  I will be accepting pre-payments through PayPal this year, so be sure and have your account in verified status with PayPal in order to avoid transaction fees.  Here are a couple of pictures of the design:

Contact me to receive a registration form for the event and be sure and let me know how many will be attending so we can get an accurate head count for lunch, etc.
We have several first timers coming this year and are excited to welcome them to a great day of AMC camaraderie here in Lufkin.   I hope to have a list shortly of some of the parts that will be available for sale and swap; as well as, info on a very special car that will be for sale.
Reagan
936-225-0569
ratliffr@icloud.com

Edited by BayshoreBlues - May/26/2017 at 9:37am
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2017 at 10:23am
Here we are only a few days away and Mother Nature seems to finally be clearing up as promised.  The forecast for the next several days should get us all dried out by Saturday and Saturday is looking great.  We are looking forward to meeting numerous first time attendees this year bringing a variety of vehicles from a '47 CJ2A project (along with numerous CJ2A parts for sale), a '47 Hudson pick-up, a Spirit race car, a low mileage (for sale) '74 Gremlin or a super nice '68 390 AMX (also for sale) along with a couple of modified Jeep CJs (along with CJ/AMC parts for sale) and more.  We'll have a bunch of returning folks this year as well.  Just an example of a few coming would be a Rebel Machine,  401 Gremlins, original owner Mark Donohue, multiple Humpsters, Rebel sedan, Americans, Matador and the list goes on and on.

T-shirt requests have been up this year and we've placed the order with a few extras thrown in.  Not to worry, they will keep the screens for a few days after the 10th if we run out (which it's looking very likely we will) and need to order more.  

If you haven't already let us know you are coming, please do so as soon as you can, as we are still factoring the headcount for lunch. Don't forget your sunscreen.  We've got plenty of shade, but most of the cars will be in the sun on the lawn.  Really looking forward to seeing everyone this year, it's going to be a great one.
Reagan
ratliffr@icloud.com
936-225-0569
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
83GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2017 at 8:45am
I'm sure pics of the show are coming soon, there were plenty of people there taking pics.  We had a good turnout, seems like there were over 30 cars in attendance.
We took a quick cruise through Lufkin to see some of the town, there were a couple of cool murals in the downtown area:

2014 Star Stryker - Only Ride
1992 Bayliner Trophy Walk-Around
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2018 at 3:13pm
Yessir, just way slow on getting them posted up TL, thanks for the ones you posted btw.  We had 35 vehicles in attendance and 7 or 8 spaces set up in our swap area; as well as, representatives from Hagerty classic auto insurance that fielded a lot of info for our participants and attendees.  Attendance was great, both from out of town and locals.  I'm glad to say once again it's a real family affair, as we had folks of all ages (pretty sure my Dad was still the oldest at 93 ; ) that were in attendance all day.  I've had a hard time picking just a few representative pictures to post here.  
Reagan

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic