TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Memorabilia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Coughlins AMC Jeep VA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coughlins AMC Jeep VA
    Posted: Feb/02/2017 at 12:57pm
I found a bunch of these cleaning out an older dealership in Big Stone Gap VA. Probably a give away at the time. http://s852.photobucket.com/user/43sons/media/scrapper.jpg. - [/IMG]
tyrodtom View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyrodtom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2017 at 5:59pm
Big Stone Gap is only about 25 miles from where I live,  and except for 65-78,   i've lived in this area since 1947.   And have drove AMCs since 1963.  

But I can't remember that dealer,   I know the AMC dealership in Big Stone seemed to change owners every few years, and I don't remember that particular variation,  or i've just forgotten.  

But it when Chrysler bought AMC in 1987 Auto World took over,  and they're still in business.
66 American SW, 66 American 2dr, 82 J10, 70 Hornet, Pound, Va.
Roadenz View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2017 at 6:52pm
As I understand it started as a Willys Overland dealer in 1946. Soon he was selling Indian Motorcycles, then International Scouts and AMC cars. Sold out in 1984-85. Been in the same family the entire time. I was fortunate enough to purchase all the contents of the buildings. They just sold the building last month. Unsure of the final plans for the building.
I like that area but man is it remote!
BcHicks View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BcHicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2021 at 6:30pm
Can you email me at bch2992@gmail.com. I have some questions about Coughlin’s Garage. I currently work in that same building. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic