TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Beadblast Cabinet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1948kaiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2017 at 7:59am
if you are going to amo nationals in gettsburg pa you could go by their store outside canfield ohio which is just southwest of youngstown ohio.   
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2017 at 8:21am
Skatblast from TP Tools here in my shop also. I've had probably 15 years and I'm very happy with it's performance. Like mentioned prior, easily maintained and TP Tools has all the replacement parts and maintenace pieces needed to keep the cabinet in great working order.
I managed to get lucky and purchase mine during their scratch and dent sale. Needless to say, the scratch was insignificant, however the savings was fantastic. I've purchased several replacement p-arts, like glass covers, glove set and gun parts. all great quality pieces too.

70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2017 at 9:32am
I dont have one but have used them Very nice to have and on a wish list for me for sure
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2017 at 11:33am
Originally posted by White70JavelinSST White70JavelinSST wrote:

Skatblast from TP Tools here in my shop also. I've had probably 15 years and I'm very happy with it's performance. Like mentioned prior, easily maintained and TP Tools has all the replacement parts and maintenace pieces needed to keep the cabinet in great working order.
I managed to get lucky and purchase mine during their scratch and dent sale. Needless to say, the scratch was insignificant, however the savings was fantastic. I've purchased several replacement p-arts, like glass covers, glove set and gun parts. all great quality pieces too.

TP Tools even sells left hand gloves individually since that one always wears out first.
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2017 at 11:43am
They also run sales all the time to help you out...they are family owned and run company.  They always bring cabinets free freight to Carlisle and Hershey.  I can get every part that my 30+ year old cabinet and vacuum use, I have upgraded my Vac to their latest configuration with sound deadening and HEPA Filter and Exhaust filter.......good stuff.
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
Ram Air Rick View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2017 at 11:55am
Funny you mention the vacuum HEPA Filter upgrade.

I ordered one last Wed., and it was on my porch Friday.

Installed it on Saturday...

Originally posted by 401MATCOUPE 401MATCOUPE wrote:

They also run sales all the time to help you out...they are family owned and run company.  They always bring cabinets free freight to Carlisle and Hershey.  I can get every part that my 30+ year old cabinet and vacuum use, I have upgraded my Vac to their latest configuration with sound deadening and HEPA Filter and Exhaust filter.......good stuff.
ADAM12MATADOR View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADAM12MATADOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2017 at 3:13pm
Just bought an ALC  polymer blast cabinet from Northern Tool 2 weeks ago. The cabinet is 36" x 24" so it is big enough for most parts. I also have a couple of portable blasters for outdoor use on bigger items.  The cabinet was $374 which is reasonable. Once i get the airline plumbing done, i will try it out. 
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2017 at 10:01am
should look seriously into buying one
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2017 at 5:16pm
I like my Skat cabinet. Mine is big enough for a door, rearend, or rear seat frame. Front fenders maybe maybe not depending on the car size. Yoyll never wish you went smaller on your cabinet....
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2017 at 12:34pm
TP Tools is super easy to deal with on replacement parts. I have a SKAT side-loading cabinet. My glass window was blurred by years of use (without using the tearoff covers). My cabinet gloves were also worn out. I called them with the dimensions of my window and ordered the parts over the phone. The company rep was very friendly and actually sounded like he appreciated my business. Not like one AMC vendor I know (couldn't resist the dig). I did order new tearoffs too. Also, when I complained about the single incandescent lamp in my cabinet, the rep said that was standard from the factory. He advised that when I installed the new glass, I would likely not be complaining about insufficient lighting. And he was correct. One light is enough as long when the window is clear. Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic