TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gauge Packages for '77 AMC applications and Newer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Gauge Packages for '77 AMC applications and Newer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dlopeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2018 at 1:42pm
Hi everyone - my first post (you're supposed to announce when you do that, right?)

As you see in my signature, I have amassed quite a few AMCs, so it was high time I joined this forum!!  There are other non-AMC cars in my collection, too.

I have read through this thread.  I am sorry to hear about unclJohn's health issue.  That was quite a while ago - did he recover and is back in good health!?  I hope so.

I have this 4 gauge rally(?) cluster in my Spirit GT, but the wiring harness I have looks a little shoddy.  I want to redo it.  Someone mentioned a diagram.  Is there anything you guys can provide me, or point me in the right direction, for rebuilding this harness, please?

TIA
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by dlopeman dlopeman wrote:

Hi everyone - my first post (you're supposed to announce when you do that, right?)

As you see in my signature, I have amassed quite a few AMCs, so it was high time I joined this forum!!  There are other non-AMC cars in my collection, too.

I have read through this thread.  I am sorry to hear about unclJohn's health issue.  That was quite a while ago - did he recover and is back in good health!?  I hope so.

I have this 4 gauge rally(?) cluster in my Spirit GT, but the wiring harness I have looks a little shoddy.  I want to redo it.  Someone mentioned a diagram.  Is there anything you guys can provide me, or point me in the right direction, for rebuilding this harness, please?

TIA

The harness can be redone.. you just need to replace the wire and the connectors. You may have to scrounge ebay and craigslist which will take time but that is all I did. It took me a while to come up with all the necessary parts for mine.

Uncljohn is better but has lost the ability to communicate on the forum or work on cars anymore. I can send you pictures of the instructions he gave me in an email. Private message me your email and I will email them to you as soon as I can.

I promised John that I would help other people as much as I can and I intend on doing so becasue he helped me so much.

Also.. welcome to the forum... you will make a lot of good friends here. I know I have. 
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2018 at 2:03pm

TIA

uncljohn passed away about a week ago,
 there's a couple threads talking about it.

Welcome to the board,
 I don't think signatures show up right away (I can't see yours).

I don't have any info on these gauge pods,
 but it might be a good idea to start a new thread

Jim
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2018 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by jpnjim jpnjim wrote:

TIA

Welcome to the board,

Jim

Dang it.. I am so sorry to hear that John passed. He was a solid dude.
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by 1982AMCConcord 1982AMCConcord wrote:

Originally posted by jpnjim jpnjim wrote:

TIA

Welcome to the board,

Jim

Dang it.. I am so sorry to hear that John passed. He was a solid dude.

Sorry you had to find out this way

http://www.theamcforum.com/forum/rip-john-elle_topic96545.html?KW=

http://www.theamcforum.com/forum/uncljohn-needs-a-call_topic94502_page1.html
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
Rebel3904sp View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rebel3904sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2018 at 7:20pm
Hi,
I installed the gauges in my matador using a factory wiring diagram. I'll try to post it..
Sorry to hear about uncle john
Regards
Shawn
dlopeman View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlopeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2018 at 9:59am
It's always sad to see other AMCers pass.  We had to say goodbye to a good friend this year, too... and a AMC Racer back in this day!

Thanks everyone.
dlopeman View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlopeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2018 at 1:03pm
Hey guys - it's a nice day outside here today and thought I'd tackle this project.  Was anyone able to find a diagram?  I'm going to poke around the internet again and see if I can scrounge something up.

Thanks - Hope everyone is doing well.
dlopeman View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlopeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2018 at 9:39am
SO... I did it!  My Rally Gauges are in.  Instead of messing around
with the [useless] AMP meter, I decided to take it out and replace it
with a VOLT meter.  I used a black faced BOSCH one I found at
Advanced Auto Parts (which once apart, you can un-brand it easily by just
sanding the little cover shield thingie and repainting - there's no brand markings
on the face itself!)... I gutted it and took it out of it's encasement. 
I drilled holes in the cluster housing and was able to wire it with
existing leads in my harness (one of which feeds the TACH, and the other
ground). Added a couple nuts on the inside on the posts so the spacing
would be right, plus some little rubber pieces I cut so the angle would
be right... Just a little rigging!!!!! BUT Easy Peasy!! I also pulled
out the whole AMP wiring and retaped.  Works like a charm! The only
wires going into engine bay are the Oil sending and the Vacuum hose.  I
grounded inside, instead of in the engine bay.

Thank to everyone who tried to help!

Edited by dlopeman - Oct/24/2018 at 12:31pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2018 at 7:35am
Sounds great.

Post up some pictures!  I'm interested in seeing the end product! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic