TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gauge Packages for '77 AMC applications and Newer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Gauge Packages for '77 AMC applications and Newer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncljohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gauge Packages for '77 AMC applications and Newer
    Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 2:31am
Gauge pods
Originally built for the 1977 AMX and the Pacer can be refitted in almost any AMC car providing they are correctly refurbished. That service can be provided for. It can be done by correctly rewiring the gauge pod and providing under hood wiring with installation instructions.
If interested provide a PM for further information.

There are two gauge packages available. One has the Clock, Vacuum, Ammeter and oil pressure gauge the second has the vacuum gauge replaced with an engine temperature gauge. That one was configure for a Pacer. The first was used for the 1977 Hornet AMX, and the AMX versions of the Concord and Spirit. They were also available for other models. The tachometer can be considered as a separate subject in most cases.

To repair and/or rebuild the wiring harnesses they will be configured and matched to engine configuration based on the harness jig that represents the under hood configuration of the various applications.

Instructions will be written to represent the installation intended so that they can be installed in their new location with a minimum of problems.

This represents what some of the purchased gauge packages look like when received. The wiring is incomplete or missing completely including major components. Of course something received in this configuration is not able to be re-used. I can supply full rewiring so that the gauge package become essentially plug and play with almost 100% original colors of the wiring. If given the application they can be returned totally checked out for operation with the proper sending units, instructions for installations and if requested painted or dyed to match your interior colors using OEM AMC colors.
I can also sell fully compatible gauge packages providing your application information is correct.

Edited by uncljohn - Mar/11/2017 at 3:53pm
70 390 5spd Donohue
74 Hornet In restoration
76 Hornet, 5.7L Mercury Marine Power
80 Fuel Injected I6 Spirit
74 232 I-6, 4bbl, 270HL Isky Cam
uncljohn View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncljohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 2:51am
If when your recently purchased gauge package arrives and it doesn't look something like this one:

Which includes the wiring, vacuum line for the Vacuum gauge plus all the proper fittings and connectors.
That can be taken care of.
A PM sent would help to solve the problems.
Or
If you have not ordered one yet, a complete unit can be provided.
70 390 5spd Donohue
74 Hornet In restoration
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2017 at 11:55am
Hello everyone. 

I have been working with John on converting a small car Rally Pak cluster to be used on my Concord. I just wanted to let you all know that John has been very easy to work with and I couldn't imagine working with anyone else on this project. John's knowledge is vast and he has worked with these gauge packages before. He's been very good about keeping me informed on his progress and he's been very astute at filling in all the details for me as he goes along. There's been no hiccups along the way that he hasn't had a solution for and I am looking forward to getting it back to install in my car soon. So if you are interested in converting one of these Rally Pak gauges for your AMC small car... I can assure you that John will take care of you the same way he has taken care of me. 

Thanks for all your hard work John!

Edited by 1982AMCConcord - Mar/31/2017 at 4:58pm
waltl View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waltl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2017 at 10:02pm
I put the AMX gauge cluster in my Rebel Machine way back when Got the cluster and harness out of salvage yard. Fit great under dash and looked pretty correct too.
Walt L.
Walt L.
uncljohn View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncljohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2017 at 4:52pm
They do look great, I have installed two of them, one in Valerie's AMX, a base model car that did not have one installed for 1980 and one in my Spirit as pictured. Even through they were done some 15 years ago it took a couple of years to get all the parts from a salvage yard complete.
Fast forward to today and getting one complete is pretty much a lost cause but I can build or repair them as if they were OEM at the present.
70 390 5spd Donohue
74 Hornet In restoration
Rebel3904sp View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel3904sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2017 at 3:28pm
Hi, So how much does this harness go for?? I have the clock/amp/temp/oil
Thanks
Shawn
uncljohn View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncljohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2017 at 4:22pm
PM Sent
70 390 5spd Donohue
74 Hornet In restoration
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2017 at 11:20am
Just so you guys know... I've recently been told that unclJohn had a health set back... so he may not be able to help on this anymore. I can take pictures of the set up he made me and he gave me installation instructions as well.
Rebel3904sp View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel3904sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2017 at 12:00pm
Hi, I have tried to rewire it myself, so far so good it's going into a matador sedan so the length of wires would have to be custom. Since you guys generously provided me a diagram I'm good. The only issue is wiring the ammeter shunt as I will tackle that last. A friend of mine gave me part of a harness from a non temp setup and mine looks to be good enough for now in comparison. Pics soon
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2017 at 2:42pm
Yes.. show a picture.. I think mine has one too... I can't post pictures... at least I don't think but I will try... I might be able to email it to you though...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic