TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Woodward Dream Cruise - Event Date: Aug/19/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Woodward Dream Cruise
    Posted: Jan/07/2017 at 9:51am
Pre show before the Big AMC Show!

WDC Overview

About one million people attend this event each year. It's all about cars, cruisin, showing off, partying, hanging out, entertainment, people watching and being seen, and more cars.

See an amazing amount of classic cars, custom cars, street rods, collector and specialty vehicles, and car shows up the wazoo! Plus there are bands and DJ's, music entertainment up and down the route, some perform outside, the others at venues on the inside.

The Cruise starts one mile north of Detroit in Ferndale, MI and goes up to Pontiac, MI, and back. About 10 miles each way, it has several high profile cruise areas, most popular at 9 Mile & Woodward, 13 Mile & Woodward.

No fee to drive in the Woodward Dream Cruise, no admission charge to watch it. Anyone can cruise but those not driving a classic car must stay out of the two right lanes (curb side). Woodward Ave is generally eight lanes wide, four lanes in each direction divided by a median or turn lane.

Cool Facts: Woodward Avenue (M-1) was the first concrete roadway in the country. It is listed as an Automotive Heritage Trail (an All-American Road), plus a Michigan Heritage Route.

Woodward Dream Cruise Official Merchandise: www.shopwdc.com – online store has current and limited edition items. shirts, hats, hoodies, cups, pins, poster, more.

For lots of Woodward Dream Cruise videos, click → WDC on YouTube

Contact GLCAC for questions and help with ideas for lodging, parking and coming over to our show the next day!

Blessings                                                                                                                     Richard

www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
Freecat1 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freecat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2017 at 11:05pm
I grew up 4 houses off 9 mile just south of Woodward Ave in Hazel Park. Moved to West Bloomfield in 68. Got my driver license in 70. By buddy's and I have spent a lot of time on that road. Suzie Qs, Teds, Mavericks the Oak drive in movie in Royal Oak was just part of our stomping grounds. I had a beat up 64 Plymouth Sport
Fury and I though I was warm doo doo. A factory 70 AAR Cuda put a end to my Thinking I was Hot. The road sure has changed. My grandson still lives in the area. I still go up there now and then. Great memories
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2017 at 6:27pm
Woodward Dream cruise is for sure a MUST DO for any car buff.   been going for many years and it is always  a good time.   some say it is the Biggest one day event in the Nation    
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
Zioamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zioamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2017 at 6:38pm
this will be our 4th year have a look if ya have a few minutes        ........ [

Edited by Zioamc - Jul/16/2017 at 12:37pm
      .....1969 Sc/Rambler....
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2017 at 6:44pm
we have a group of AMCs that go and park in downtown Birmingham on 0ld woodward ave  great time 
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
tom67 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2017 at 10:45am
Was thinking about doing this for the first time this year. But may be taking my Chevelle havent decided yet though.
Tom
1967 Ambassador DPL
AMO #10582
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2017 at 5:42pm
TOM67    if you make that decision to go to woodward   you will not be disappointed 
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
tom67 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2017 at 5:58am
We are going but not decided yet on which car will be going. We are taking the Motorhome and making a mini vacation out of it. Cant wait!
Tom
1967 Ambassador DPL
AMO #10582
Freecat1 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freecat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2017 at 11:19am
Well I just spent the first week of June in Michigan for my grandsons HS graduation in Clawson. Woodward Ave and 14 mile rd. I am very glad to state that the tradition of hanging out is still going on-sort off! I took my wife for a cruise on the famous rode I have been traveling all my life. The cars are there by the dozens. Plain cars, fancy cars, slow & low cars, hopped up 4x4s. But most cars were "tuner" cars. There was even some of us Old dudes with there hot rods hanging out. A strange mix indeed. I don't have a problem with tuner cars. Every generation "runs" what you can get your hands on. Uncle Bobs 4dr Nova, grandma's Buick, if your luck u get your dad's 440 Cuda. What ever u get we in some small or large way we make it our own with wheels, tires paint or things that make it bounce up and down. What ever we want. Glad to see the cars out on Woodward on just a early spring night. If u go to the Big Show. Have fun and be nice to people.

Edited by Freecat1 - Jun/13/2017 at 11:22am
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2017 at 11:39am
Wait for the BIG show August 19th and the week before.  Then Great Lakes Classic AMC clubs All Family AMC show at Greenmead Park i n Livonia for the 31st year!  A great week all together.
Richard
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic