TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2017 AMC Nationals/NAMDRA/Cordova - Event Date: Sep/07/2017 - Sep/10/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC instigator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2017 at 3:30pm
Removed

Edited by AMC instigator - Mar/31/2017 at 9:04pm
AMC RACES event coordinator
Former NAMDRA Vice President-
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9
amcjock1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcjock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2017 at 6:53pm
This message from Shannon Halverson is completely wrong. All pre-entries, membership renewals and sponsorships of the 39TH. AMC NATIONALS, etc. have to  have the check or money order made out to NAMDRA and mailed to NAMDRA at: NAMDRA, PO Box 987, Twin Lakes,  WI 53168.  If they are made out to Shannon or Bobbi Halverson they will not be honored by NAMDRA. Please cease and desist Shannon & Bobbi!!!

Jock Jocewicz
NAMDRA President
namdra1@yahoo.com
chopit View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2017 at 8:50pm
I will not be sending my registration money in until I am confident that NAMDRA is a solvent organization and the Nationals will happen.

This is not a slam on Jock he has done a great job for many years and I hope he continues but there is nothing wrong with someone else taking on some of the resposibility. A club is not a one man organization but the sum of its members. Let's hope for many more years but I have my doubts now.
POWERSTROKER7.3 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote POWERSTROKER7.3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2017 at 11:21pm
I will be sending my registration, membership renewal and a club donation to  Shannon and Bobbie Halverson. I like you , chopit,  share my thanks for the many great years that Jock and his family has done for NAMDRA. I enjoy going to NAMDRA Nats every year, But I have concerns as many other members have expresssed the same at the past few years at the NAMDRA  Nationals member meetings of questions that are asked of the President of NAMDRA and we do not get sastifactory answers. They fall on deaf ears and which is why I feel NAMDRA needs change and to move forward while growing a membership that has confidence in the leadership. I'm a relitive young person 35yrs old and want to see the younger generation get involved in the car hobby, hopfully AMC, we need to get them involved and if they see what goes on at the meeting they could be discouraged about the club and abandon their desires to join the club. A club is only strong as their members and leaders working together to strive for excelence and a common goal. This unwiilingness to understand what the members of NAMDRA are asking is IMO unacceptible. The AMC commuinty is a strong one, we enjoy are clubs, cars  and friendships that we make all while enjoying our AMC vehicles. We are also a diverse people with different taste but as such get along much better that other vehicle manufactures clubs. We need to get the younger generation invloved in our cars, clubs and the fun times at all club National meets.  I would like to add one last thing, I am a small time boss at our realtivly small dairy farm, we milk 160cows 2X day, by having young people employed for me and taking them to AMC car shows and local ones we have added a 18yr old that now owns a 72' Javelin which he bought at Kenoshia 3 yrs ago, another 18yr old young man who owns a 1966 rambler classic that we saved from the salvage yard  and a 22yr old gal whom I sold my project 68' javelin to and we got it running and plan on taking it to Kenoshia and NAMDRA after we fix some floor pans.She was at the meeting for 2016 NAMDRA and was discuraged at how things were being handled. She has now renewed intrerest in the club with Shannon Halverson continuing on NAMDRA's legacy and values of its club membership. 

Edited by POWERSTROKER7.3 - Mar/27/2017 at 7:06am
amcjock1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcjock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2017 at 6:15pm
The club is solvent and will remain so. What is happing is the Halverson's are trying to take over this club which has been going in a decent condition for many a year. I am asking the Halverson's to cease and desist so we can keep the club and its meets going. If they would change their attitude to help out the present officers, board members and members of the club, this would really help keeping the club going, not destroying it.
Jock Jocewicz
NAMDRA President
namdra1@yahoo.com
AMC instigator View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC instigator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2017 at 11:49pm
I'm really sorry you see things that way Jock. I thought taking care of the membership renewals, dues, newsletter and the event is a help to you and your family, as we all know its hard for you and PJ to keep up with the tasks at this point. You and your family have done it a long time, many people are grateful for that. As Vice President it is my job to step in to keep things running smoothly. SH   
AMC RACES event coordinator
Former NAMDRA Vice President-
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9
hurst390sc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurst390sc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 1:39am
I have to renew this year after a abscence. I'm confused.. I only see the club
growing even stronger if things are handled in a more timely matter. As said,
the growth and stability of a club is largley based on numbers and strength of
membership. I'm even going to make it this year to race!
70'amx 390 4 spd.

69'sc rambler 390 4spd.

Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 8:36am
How in the world would anyone know the club is solvent without proper discloser?
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
amcjock1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcjock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 4:43pm
Shannon says he thought taking care of the membership renewals, dues, newsletter and the event is to help Jock, P.J. and their family as it is hard for them to keep up with tasks at this point. Shannon, this is starting to feel like elder abuse and if it keeps up I am going to get a lawyer and get this to cease and decease!
Jock Jocewicz
NAMDRA President
namdra1@yahoo.com
chopit View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2017 at 6:06pm
I  will not be attending this years meet unless major changes take place
I have been going since 2002.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic