TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Its that time again WSIR track day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iapexl8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Its that time again WSIR track day
    Posted: Nov/20/2016 at 10:30am
Yes...... we Have the dates for our Spring Fling Speed Festival.......
Apris 6 2017   http://alltimeracing.com/spring-fling-speed-festival-xi-april-6th-2017/

Here's a vid from our fall fling    https://youtu.be/H6ZOLMauTfA

here's one from the big bore bash    https://youtu.be/D6ngkcDvJEM

iapexl8r View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iapexl8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2017 at 8:52am
May be Some of you all will make it out this time.

Spring Fling Speed Festival X, April 6th, 2017
 @ WSIR
When
Friday February 10, 2017 at 1:00 PM PST
Add to Calendar

Where
3500 75th Street West
Rosamond, CA 93560
Driving Directions Link
Dear Road Racer, 

Spring Fling Speed Festival XI, or SFSF-XI is only 2 months away! info page

price is $325. Thanks to those who have already registered. $375 day of.

Register now for the $275 discounted price through March 15th.

All cars and drivers welcome.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and for your spectating pleasure Rick will be racing his Hot Rod center fold magazine car...and Wait till you see his new driving suit!  

Special guests this year....Chrysler race engineer Bill Surber, ( Chrysler's Petty NASCAR liaison, Petty Kit car, GM space frame, Larry Rathgeb's right hand in Chrylser's racing division) . 

Don't miss the Wednesday happy hour at the track! Starts at 2 pm Wednesday April 5th, day before track day. BYOB and meat to grille. Camp in Rosamond/Lancaster. 

If you are one of those last minute types in prepping or fixing your car....well, your time has arrived.

Tim H

Register Now!
I can't make it
Please send check to :
Tim Herren
14750 Miller Ave
Gardena, Ca, 90249

or PayPal: therren_2000@yahoo.com

for questions call (310) 227-3247

Sincerely,

tim herren
73Gremlin401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73Gremlin401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2017 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by iapexl8r iapexl8r wrote:

Yes...... we Have the dates for our Spring Fling Speed Festival.......
Apris 6 2017   http://alltimeracing.com/spring-fling-speed-festival-xi-april-6th-2017/

Here's a vid from our fall fling    https://youtu.be/H6ZOLMauTfA

Fun to watch 2 old school cars being held up by a current Porsche & Mustang GT....but I can also feel the AMX and Dodge driver's frustration too.  This is unfortunately an all too frequent occurrence at track day events. It looked like the Dodge was very well sorted out in the drivetrain and suspension department - the AMX looked like it was quite the handful suspension wise - strong motor though!  kudos to the driver, nice clean apexes on every lap, regardless of how the car was fighting him.  I'd enjoy being out there with him!
73 Gremlin 401/5-spd.
77 Matador Wagon 360/727.
81 Jeep J10 LWB 360/4-spd
83 Concord DL 4-dr 258/auto

iapexl8r View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iapexl8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2017 at 7:45pm
Thanks i was behind the wheel of the AMX It does seem to be a hand full, have been working out issues driving with one eye on the oil press gauge as I used to have oiling issues.  This track day was done on 17" street rubber currently stepping up to 15" bias ply race rubber hope fully the car will be ready for april and I can further devlop it.

73Gremlin401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73Gremlin401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2017 at 11:29am
Originally posted by iapexl8r iapexl8r wrote:

Thanks i was behind the wheel of the AMX It does seem to be a hand full, have been working out issues driving with one eye on the oil press gauge as I used to have oiling issues.  This track day was done on 17" street rubber currently stepping up to 15" bias ply race rubber hope fully the car will be ready for april and I can further develop it.

You're welcome!  I've lost count of the number of track days I've run since the 80s, but getting a day in at Willow is on my short list of tracks that I haven't driven - so I need to do it.  Right now I'm building the matador wagon for Ultimate Street Car events, and the Gremlin is getting a big re-fresh - should be ready for a track day or 2 by the end of the year, but probably back east to get it sorted out before bringing it back to Colorado.
73 Gremlin 401/5-spd.
77 Matador Wagon 360/727.
81 Jeep J10 LWB 360/4-spd
83 Concord DL 4-dr 258/auto

iapexl8r View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iapexl8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2017 at 4:41pm
We also do a fall event, our spring event will get up to 30 cars max and our fall event is usually under 20 cars.  We also camp at the track BBQ and tell all sorts of lies by a camp fire good times for sure.
                       chris
GnipGnop4 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GnipGnop4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2017 at 11:45am
Chris, Cameron and I are finally getting out to this event with our '69 AMX. See everyone Thursday!

-Robert
iapexl8r View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iapexl8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2017 at 6:39pm
I saw you guys had signed up, I can't wait to see you there. We are gonna have a blast. you cant miss me I will have this up there
GnipGnop4 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GnipGnop4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2017 at 7:28pm
I heard you were working on Rev. 2.0.  BadA$$.  Looking forward to Thursday!!!
iapexl8r View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iapexl8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 1:56pm

Edited by iapexl8r - Apr/28/2017 at 11:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic