TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2017 AMO Convention, Gettysburg Pa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 41>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2017 at 7:20pm
It may be more expensive and not as nice (by reviews) BUT it will be ground central for AMC everything! The cruises, car shows, block party, evening "socials", swap meet and main car show...6 miles away sucks. 
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2017 at 9:39pm
Just booked a room at the Eisenhower. They told me it was the last one. Had to take a King Suite for more money, but it puts me at the scene of the crime. I probably will skip Kenosha, not sure yet.
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2017 at 7:08am
Ok, 
After reading Sonic Silver's response, I called the host hotel and they have filled up their rooms for the AMO Nationals.

With that said, I will be working on trying to get other Hotels in the area to offer some discount rates. Until then, 5 miles southwest of the event, in Emmittsburg, MD is the Sleep Inn. About 8 miles away on the North east side of Gettysburg on Route 30 is the Hampton Inn, Hilton, Inn, Days Inn, Super 8 and the Wyndham. There are a few motels in Gettysburg, but parking would be tight. 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, Gettysburg Hotel and James Getty Hotel. There is also a Comfort Inn on the south side of Gettysburg next to the Cemetery & a Quality Inn on the west side of the Cemetery.
In addition there is a Comfort Inn about 4 miles south of Gettysburg at the Outlet Mall. 
There are two camp grounds outside of Gettysburg, Artillery Ridge Campground & Round Top Campground. Both campgrounds are south of Gettysburg and with in 4 miles of the Show field.
There are several Bed & breakfast all over Gettysburg, but I do not have any first hand knowledge of the accommodations. 
I will try to post updates as they happen on the Hotel accommodations.
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2017 at 12:27pm
Sent my form in last year, and yesterday reserved a room at Super 8 close by for $60 a night.  That's the plan, unless we sell the pop up camper and get a pull behind trailer.
See you there, and more!
Richard

I don't remember IF they sent a confirmation, or not.  I should find out or try to get a copy of my form.
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2017 at 7:41pm
Update!

We had a man on the ground today in Gettysburg to secure about 90 additional Motel rooms at 3 different Motels in the area. As the arrangements are finalized I will post the names, locations, rates and name that the motels will use for those events. Sooooo stay tuned!
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

macdude443 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macdude443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 7:04pm
Any update on additional hotels yet?
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon
1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
captscot View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 8:13pm
If your wanting to book a room, see my post made on 1.16.17. I booked a room in a clean place, rated very good, at a fair price and includes breakfast with the option to cancel. Can't beat that. Here's most of it.

"Made a reservation today with The Days Inn, Gettysburg, rated "very good" on Trivago.com. I called Days Inn directly, starting price for a room was $190 because of the show. I easily talked them down to $149, to $127, to finally $93 then asked if they'd include the option to cancel, which it didn't, plus breakfast. Got it all!"
1972 Javelin AMX - orig owner
1985 Grand Wagoneer
1967 Jeepster
1968 Jeep Gladiator
1959 Jeep CJ5
1929 Marmon model 68
kenoshakicker View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenoshakicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 8:19pm
Is there on site parking at the host hotel for people who want to attend the show but do not have a room?
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 8:43pm
In Rockford I got a pass for the trailer.  Nobody seemed to care if I was staying at the host hotel or not so I just left the car and trailer there.  My hotel was within walking distance, which made it super easy. It was a nicer room for lots less money.
macdude443 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote macdude443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 10:06pm
I really don't mind a short drive. I've driven through that area dozens of times and I've been to the host hotel location for a conference. I may just grab a room down the road. In Cleveland we stayed down the street and it wasn't a big deal. The road the host hotel is on isn't very congested. There is easy access to the highways and the historical sites are very close-by. I think it's a great location this year!
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon
1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 41>
  Share Topic