TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

18th annual AMC Southeast Regional - Event Date: Oct/01/2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2016 at 8:49pm
If you can get it there just enter it as non-judged! "Works in progress" often get a lot more attention than finished cars.
Frank Swygert
PlazinJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlazinJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2016 at 10:44pm
That'd be a laugh, driving up still in primer and just one bucket seat/harness installed. I'm going to give it a good go, but I'm rather certain my to-do list is bigger than the days I have left.
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2016 at 8:07am
At a cruise-in when I was stationed in Gulfport MS a fellow did just that! Car was barely legal to drive the first time he brought it out. I remember he parked beside a perfect late 70s Corvette once and the 'vette owner moved... not because the ugly car parked beside him, but because everyone was looking over it and ignoring his finished 'vette! Every 2-3 weeks that guy would bring the car back, and people who saw it would flock over to see what he'd done to it since. Got to see the car built! It's always nice to see that WIP then find photos of the finished product later. "I saw that thing before it was built!"
Frank Swygert
NC74Matador View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC74Matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2016 at 6:52am
^^^ ...... yet other owners only want to be parked next to quality show cars like theirs. I know several of them and have seen others move their cars to get away. I especially have seen that at the higher end shows or if the cars are next to trucks. Everyone has their thing. I personally don't like rat rods parked next to me at shows. While I find them entertaining and really fun at the Halloween shows (with skeletons, etc...) I don't want to be parked next to one. Works in progress are fine in my book. One of my buddies has recently parked his 80's Monte Carlo SS next to me at shows. it's a bit rough still and the engine compartment so bad he doesn't open the hood. 
While you and I feel a 'work in progress' should definitely be brought to the show, there are two sides to every coin. Perhaps AMC show folks are more open minded. I have little experience with this crowd and in my two show seasons thus far I doubt I've seen a dozen AMC products in total.
1974 AMC Matador X SOLD
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2016 at 7:59am
We had our Veteran Appreciation Fun Run yesterday. Had a great turn out.

That said, I met a new car friend that has a 47 Hudson, 2 door coupe, repowered with a 318, 904 W/lockup torque converter. It's an older restoration but a really nice vehicle. The most exciting thing, the new owner loves to drive it !!!!!!!

I am now working on getting a Mississippi contingent together for the trip to Atlanta. Do 2 vehicles make a "contingent" ????

I personally don't see anything wrong with a "work in progress" at a show. Been know to trailer some of my projects to shows before they were drivable. Park next to me, as I am sure the owner will have something to talk about!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2016 at 8:55am
Part of it is how the vehicle is registered. A Javelin that is obviously unfinished (shows up in primer, or just sanded with some obvious patches, one seat, not carpet, etc.) is registered in the Javelin class I guess you have to let him show. If he wants to pay the judging fee (in AMO shows you can register to be judged or not, an extra fee to be judged) that's fine -- AMO judges on a points system and awards trophy based on number of points, not a 1-2-3 style, so there can be several winners in each level. The judging score sheet gives you an idea of what you need to improve, though it is a bit subjective.
Frank Swygert
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2016 at 2:03pm
Made my host hotel reservations today........

Planning AMC Fun,
Ollie
shootist View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2016 at 9:34pm
I may bring my 1970 Javelin down to Atlanta for this one. Depends on where I am on it. I imagine I will be done enough to bring it then. May not have the rear end, subframe and roll cage done but the front end is done and the motor/trans should be back in.
shootist View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2016 at 9:36am
Ok, it is looking good for me. One huge question, where are we going to be able to park trailers? I have a 20' enclosed trailer that I use to carry that for long haul trips and will need somewhere to park it Friday and Saturday overnight.
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2016 at 8:07pm
There will be a place to park trailers. 
Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic