TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Kenosha 2017 - Event Date: Jul/25/2017 - Jul/29/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 50>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2017 at 9:21am
If I can swing it to go, Ollie your talking my language, I'm coming to see you! My father from Austria always says you can't get sausages here like back home, similar story....
Bob do you have any 72 tailights for me if I come?
bcsideshow View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcsideshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2017 at 10:24am
Hey Ollie,
You are staying close to where I squandered my youth.  Next to your motel (north) is vacant lot with a path down to the lake.  Currently is just a rock beach and broken up pier but many people fish and have fires there.  

The closest meat market to you and I often get brats there is H&H meats (Georgetown market) in Racine on the corner of Taylor and Meachem.  3710 Meachem Rd, Racine, WI 53405.  It's about 10 minutes from you.

Popular meat market for the locals in kenosha is http://hometownmeatsdeli.com/

Or my favorite deli (best in Kenosha) that also has outside seating and grilling of Brats and Italian sausage a block away from the old AMC plant: http://www.tenutasdeli.com/

There is also the Brat Stop on I94 and 50 by all of the hotels and Mars Cheese Castle on I94 and HWY 143. Both tourist joints/bars/restaurants on the highway.
1969 SCRambler "B"
1970 AMX 390 Auto
1968 AMX 390 Auto
1970 Rebel Machine Project
1969 AMX 390 4SPD Project
1969 AMX 390 Auto Project
1969 Javelin 390 project
1997 Cherokee lifted
1998 TJ Lifted
bcsideshow View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcsideshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2017 at 11:27am
Hey Bob, 
A friend of mine who owns a bar near downtown Kenosha is an AMC guy with some AMC stuff on the walls and always has Blatz:
1969 SCRambler "B"
1970 AMX 390 Auto
1968 AMX 390 Auto
1970 Rebel Machine Project
1969 AMX 390 4SPD Project
1969 AMX 390 Auto Project
1969 Javelin 390 project
1997 Cherokee lifted
1998 TJ Lifted
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2017 at 1:34pm
Thanks for all the links and info......our hotel is supposed to have tables at the lake too.

I am positive we will be trying all the different brats we can. I like to try local beer brews too.

We will be arriving Monday and staying a week so plenty of play time.
Watch out for the yellow Rambler 'vert with Mississippi Antique tags!!!!!

Looking forward to alot of AMC Fun.
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
1969 BASE JAV View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1969 BASE JAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2017 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by bcsideshow bcsideshow wrote:

1982AMconcord like Holger said nothing formal although it will probably make its way to facebook and here...  Here is a list from 2014 who did the sales.  Not sure if they will again.

Knapp family 
Joe Bohaczek at his garage
Larry Rhode at his house
Jimmy Blackwell at a shop

I know my Dad  ( Bob Knapp) is getting all his stuff ready and planning on having the biggest sale he's ever had.  It will be at a new location this year. Mike.
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2017 at 4:34pm
The food idea is great.The best that the people who run the event could do for food was a Roach coach at the show site..The food was high priced and the lines were long.Eat before you go or bring food with you to the event.We never entered our cars and at lunch time went to the Culvers that had the AMC cruise down the street.Many people left the show field for food at lunch time.
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2017 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by 1969 BASE JAV 1969 BASE JAV wrote:

Originally posted by bcsideshow bcsideshow wrote:

1982AMconcord like Holger said nothing formal although it will probably make its way to facebook and here...  Here is a list from 2014 who did the sales.  Not sure if they will again.

Knapp family 
Joe Bohaczek at his garage
Larry Rhode at his house
Jimmy Blackwell at a shop

I know my Dad  ( Bob Knapp) is getting all his stuff ready and planning on having the biggest sale he's ever had.  It will be at a new location this year. Mike.

Ok... well Mike if Bob Knapp is your dad then that makes you my cousin...

;)

Johnny
Trans Canada View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trans Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2017 at 1:44pm

Getting excited !!! Gettysburg Kenosha......... around the corner need to get ready!
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2017 at 9:30pm
It's coming fast willie!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Trans Canada View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trans Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2017 at 3:10pm
Yes ....around the corner....need to get the trailer ready....and start to shine up the car
all goes well Gremlin for Gettysburg no shine needed just wipe down the petina or rust ( not sure on the spelling) lol ......... Javelin for Kenosha (want to get in the RWB picture again)
that was awesome last time in Kenosha

looking forward to it!  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 50>
  Share Topic