TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Kenosha 2017 - Event Date: Jul/25/2017 - Jul/29/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 50>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2017 at 8:09pm
Can anyone tell what the trailer parking situation has been here in years past?  I notice that the application asked if I will need trailer parking, so I assume that they are providing something, but I'm thinking that might only be for during the day.  I will also need overnight parking because where I'm staying doesn't have room for the tow vehicle and trailer.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to park the rig somewhere for the whole week and use the AMX to drive back and forth to the activities.
UNFORD View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UNFORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2017 at 9:08pm
Cam, in 2011 arrangements were made with a nearby college in Kenosha that trailers could park there. It's a very big lot, when I was there in 2011 I saw no more than about 10 trailers there. Any one else not there I guess was parking their trailers at the hotel they were staying at.

If you use the lot you have to unhook, leave your trailer there and drive back to your hotel.

I'd assume the same parking lot will be used this time. But that is not official from me. 

I picked a hotel that has a large truck stop nearby. I was going to park there and walk back and forth. I might also use the big college lot. Won't make up my mind until I get there probably..
Mark Melvin
AMO #8858
socalamx.net
playmateamx.com

CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2017 at 10:07pm

Thanks, Mark.  That's good information.
sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2017 at 7:57am
During the last show at Kenosha I parked my trailer at the school and it worked out very well.  There were several others there also.  Not all that far from the show and plenty of room.... Prior to that the hotel at the harbor where I stay did not allow trailer parking due to limited space and at least one trailer got a ticked for parking.   I don't recall what the security set up was at the school ....

Chuck Page 
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

TommyZ View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TommyZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2017 at 8:12am
It's at the same location as last year. Indian trail high school parking lot. Plenty of room there.
73LevisX View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73LevisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2017 at 12:29pm
I just noticed the following is posted on the Kenosha History Center's Website:

Tentative Schedule of Events

Tuesday July 25, 2017 - Cruise Night at Wendy's, 3811 75th Street

Wednesday July 26, 2017 - Cruise Night at Andy's, 2929 Roosevelt Rd.

Thursday July 27, 2017 - Cruise Night at Mason's Eatery and Pub, 7000 74th Place, Kenosha, Cruise Night at McDonald's, 6630 Washington Rd. Racine

Friday July 28, 2017 - Swap Meet at Kennedy Park

Friday July 28, 2017 - Gremlins at Jeffery School (Tour of school)

Friday July 28, 2017 - Ice Cream Social at Nash School, AMC Cruise down 60th Street to night time car show downtown

Saturday July 29, 2017 - Car Show and Swap Meet at Kennedy Park

Sunday July 30, 2017 - AMC Racing at Great Lakes Dragaway

http://www.kenoshahistorycenter.org
'73 Hornet X
304/904
BU1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BU1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2017 at 7:41pm
I was able to book a room at the Super 8 today. First time back to Kenosha for me since 2002. Reviews online seem mixed. Can anyone here add a review of the facility? Google map looks like there may be some trailer space here which is a plus. Can't wait for July!!
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2017 at 4:10pm
Scott, Yes there should be plenty of trailer packing at the Super 8 and near by IF it's not changed since that last time I was there . LRDaum
LRDaum
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2017 at 7:54am
Just got my ESTA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_System_for_Travel_Authorization
that I´m allowed to fly to the USA.

So my Shedule will be something like:

July 5th  Fly to Boston
July 12-13th Fly from Boston to Denver (visit the Rambler Ranch and Dean)
July 18th leaving Denver by Rental Car, Roadtrip to Cleveland, maybe visit APD on the way,
July 23th Midwest AMO Regional (Not sure about that)
July25th-31th Kenosha Homecoming
July 31th Flight Chicago to Boston
Aug.2nd  Flying home from Boston

SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
DoughertyAMX View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoughertyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2017 at 11:26am
Just got a room at the Holiday Inn Express (since I had Priority Club points I could use!)

Looking forward to my first Kenosha Homecoming! Won't have my car close to finished but can't wait to be there anyway.

Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 50>
  Share Topic