TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 4th OZ AMC/Rambler show 2017 & 50years AMC Rebel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

4th OZ AMC/Rambler show 2017 & 50years AMC Rebel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2017 at 5:24am
4th annual AMC/Rambler show; DAY2

Back in the day after they stopped selling AMC's in Australia there was 2 main places to buy AMC parts to keep your car going. One was Rampart in South Australia which closed only a couple of years ago and then there was Mascot Motors who sold second hand cars, carried out mechanical work and also had a huge inventory of AMC parts. These NOS parts were bought up by the Fripp brothers a few years ago and we were lucky enough for Steve to bring down a "small" sample of what he has. Literally what you see here is less then 5% of what they have acquired from the old Mascot Motors parts store

After a night of listening to roaring engines and tyres Steve starts to set-up his New, New Old Stock, 2nd hand and reconditioned AMC/Rambler parts stall

Cant be too many NOS Matador X rear panels left in the world? Or try some NOS Rebel guards, NOS Hornet guards, Matador X guard, Javelin panel under bumper, Classic door skin, etc etc. This was only some of what he has

Not quite organized yet but dude rocking up for a look

That is some NOS Hornet rear side windows on right hand side. And boxes and boxes of boot locks, door hinges, latches, handles, engine parts, rods, linkages, rubbers, clips, nuts, bolts, grilles, lenses, electricla switches, knobs etc

The American Motors banner is courtesy of Mrs "Javelin" Dianne Wilson who lent it to me for the shows. Looked great above Steve's stall

Snuck in some original Aussie Charger wheels for good measure

NEW OLD STOCK door trims for all sorts. Full sets, Matador X coupe NOS, plus many many more. What some people fail to realise now is it doesn't matter if they are incorrect colour as the dye paints today far exceed the quality they used to be and it is easy to tranform most of these to the colour that you need for your car. The only one's that can be difficult are the one's that have a carpet strip at the bottom. Many of these NOS door trims could be used even just for the new backing or many even had NOS side window rubbers attached  to them!!

Lot's of little bits and peices many in as new condition and perfect as a spare or to keep your AMC in tip top shape

NEW OLD STOCK Australian AMI Rambler hubcaps. As rare as AMC's turning up to a show in Australia LOL These are truly amazing in that they have survived still wrapped into the year 2017

Steve has many more parts and looking to stock up and maybe even reproduce some parts down the track. He is also has a few parts cars on top of this!
Steve Fripp ex Mascot Motors AMC/Rambler/Hudson/Nash parts 0477090874 or frippy1974@gmail.com and say Jase sent you Tongue

PS I will be updating some of these show posts as time goes on so feel free to re-visit as I may have added some fresh and interesting extra info. That is one good thing about AMCForum is that it is easy to go back through the history and enjoy re-reading and looking back at old photo's. I find facebook very difficult , almost impossible to do that.Also please feel free to put these posts on any club websites, facebook pages, on your shed or dunny wall etc Tongue

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/22/2017 at 5:49am
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 3:18am
4th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show; Day2 PT2

A few years back the Saturday never amounted to much with only a couple of hundred cars on hand with most of the others cruising the town and surrounding areas sight seeing. The last few years however has seen Saturday explode into a show within itself with around 80% of the total weekend cars in attendance. By the end of Saturday 692 cars had entered! Which was a record for that day and with the show record being 737 on the Sunday last year could it be beaten this year? We had to wait until mid Sunday to find out

An awesome variety of AMC's rolled in to stun the also huge Saturday crowd in attendance. I cant remember exactly how many AMC's attended on the Saturday but I think it was about 17 which was near a record turn out for the Saturday AMC's as well. I breathed a sigh of relief as I knew we still had some cool cars to rock in on Sunday so we would at least get into the 20's. The reason numbers were looking to be a bit lower then usual is that everyone had indicated they were gearing up for next years big one- 50years of the Javelin/AMX!! Tongue I will talk about this later but if my calculations are correct we will have over 60 cars next year!! In fact I will be aiming for at least that many and smash the Australian record of 51 AMC's in the 1 spot. More of that later and I would love all AMC/Rambler owners in Australia to really get behind the shows provided for you (ie this one, Colin Mains Flemington show and Garry Murphys Cooly Rocks and the WA all Chrysler day) as they provide a means to see other cars for ideas, meet other owners and to learn more about cars or even your car in particular and of course parts and advice. Together we can keep these old girls going forever for future generations to also appreciate. Plus it gives us a chance to show these ultra rare cars off to the wider community who essentially know nothing about them. It gives a great deal of satisfaction to me hearing an AMC owner telling a visitor about AMC's and/or their car. They near hang on every word and go away with at least some appreciation of what they are. There is no point keeping AMC's as an unknown marque as it will only hurt the preservation of these vehicles into the future as no-one will have any association with them as us old owners pass on.

While we were all drooling over some ace AMC's there were some sneaky judges doing their thing in, around, under, and through the quality field of AMC's that had entered for Judging including a mint black AMX, mint 70 Hornet, Rob Mackays Australian Muscle Car featured Hornet, Restored AMI Rebel, Graham's tough 71 Javelin to name a few. I would so hate to be the judge. Who won? you will have to wait and find out. We actually had to wait until 2pm on the Sunday for the trophy ceremony 

Great selection of AMC noses

Would be hard to judge best AMC Rambler from these lot

with 2017 being 50years since the Rebel was released it was great having this Australian assembled Rebel on hand on the Saturday

Some more amazing parts on hand from Steve Fripp. A small selection of NOS AMC/Rambler lenses. There is a heap of different ones in the boxes too from Rebel's, Classics, Matador's, Javelin etc etc. BRAND NEW!!! Tongue It was an experience just to have a rummage through so many NOS AMC parts, Certainly not something you get to do every day

After lunch many cars head out to the old Ettamogah pub at Table Top which I didnt attend but I heard some great stories

The super cruise around the Albury/Wodonga area I didn't hear much about

I attended the seminar at the SS&A club with Eddie Ford (Restored cars magazine), Geoff Sutherland (bought and raced an E38 new and still owns car) and David Kilderry who owns Dandenong Drive-Ins in Melbourne who done a very entertaining talk and showed some vintage Chrysler film on an old projector

Then it was onto the Saturday night cruising. I was outside the club and the Big Bad Black AMX came roaring past which was an awesome start to the night. I cruised around in my father in laws 1976 Plymouth Volare T-Top with the tops off as it was such a beautiful night. The amount of cars and people out was nothing short of incredible. Its not everyday you see a Plymouth Superbird parked in the local petrol station flanked by a super tough drag Cuda with many others roaring off from the lights together. American Graffiti eat your heart out and if you are ever in town on the show weekend the Wodonga Place after dark on the Saturday night is the place to be. I didnt get into bed until 12.30am Sunday morning and I could have stayed out longer

I didn't get much sleep. How many more cars will turn up? Will we break the show record of 737? How hot is it going to be? Who is going to come 1st,2nd and 3rd in the best AMC/Rambler category? Will anymore Rebel's turn up such as the tough red/black one I was talking to during the week? Should I have drag raced that VF valiant at the lights in my father in laws Volare? Should I get back up and go down the street and do some more cruising? Tongue

But with my alarm set for 5am I had to get some AMZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'z LOL

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/23/2017 at 2:33pm
Mostly last. View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 4:18am
Just got home from Chryslers on the Murray.
5,911 km since we left home ( Near Cairns, Nth QLD ) early Friday morning.
Was it worth it ?
Yes, definately. Co-pilot and I have never been to a big car show like that.
Thanks to all the friendly AMC people we met and asked questions about their cars.
Learnt alot. Will be back. John.
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 4:48am
Cool Pictures...  Sometime in Future I may drop by... 
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
Mrs Javelin View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 7:26pm
Hi guys, the YouTube links are for Bruno Mars clips and others???
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Mrs Javelin Mrs Javelin wrote:

Hi guys, the YouTube links are for Bruno Mars clips and others???

Hi Dianne
I will look into that. Maybe something I done. I just copy and pasted links. Try "Dion Sey Youtube" and there will be 3 drone aerial clips looking over the show which looks amazing. Let me know how that goes

Anyhow I will try to find correct links, and figure out what I have done, and put up very soon. Jase Smile

5minutes later Smile..........try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evDtG2MsaRE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJITQfy5Tds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AshGYiSRdCQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tbDVF44K78

Let me know if Bruno mars cranks out another tune Tongue

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/23/2017 at 7:37pm
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 7:35pm
Thanks Jason, it was actually my IT skills letting me down LOL I posted the link in the youtube search...
This one takes you to all of Dion's clips...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSC87VeEg41FjFxGD3ubnOg

Dianne.

Edited by Mrs Javelin - Mar/23/2017 at 7:41pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 7:40pm

Thanks Jason, try this...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSC87VeEg41FjFxGD3ubnOg

Dianne.
I know he put them up and took them down again as he was able to edit them better so maybe that's what happened. I will check out above one which looks different link again Smile
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 8:35pm
Hi Jason...me again :-)
I do n't suppose you have dates for 2018 yet???
I'm just putting the finishing touches to the next issue of ON TARGET and would love to put a "Save the Date" in for everyone.
Cheers.

Just went looking for your report on Day 3...any chance in the next day or so then I can finish the newsletter...Please!!!
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2017 at 8:46pm

Hi Jason...me again :-)
I do n't suppose you have dates for 2018 yet???
I'm just putting the finishing touches to the next issue of ON TARGET and would love to put a "Save the Date" in for everyone.
Cheers.

Just went looking for your report on Day 3...any chance in the next day or so then I can finish the newsletter...Please!!!

Hi Dianne

Pressure is on! Tongue  Yeah there is no Day3 yet. I will try to get it done for you. Takes a bit of time. I could send a brief run down for you hopefully tonight if you wish?

Dates for the 5th annual Australian AMC/Rambler show are 16th/17th/18th March 2018
The show is a celebration of ALL things AMC but next year is also the celebration of 50years of the Javelin and AMX!!! Smileand should be huge. Literally just the contacts I have that have said they will be there next year equals over 60 cars!!! of ALL models too and that doesn't include Colin's, yours and Allan Briggs etc contacts/owners. I will actually go through next week or so and tally the approximate amount of each model that have indicated they are coming. The record for AMC's in one spot in Australia is 51 and I am putting the call out that we make Australian AMC history and beat that by a mile Tongue  Wish we didnt have to wait a year

I will try to get a short story to you in next day or so

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/23/2017 at 8:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic