TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN JUNE 25, 2016, 5TH ANNUAL!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN JUNE 25, 2016, 5TH ANNUAL! - Event Date: Jun/25/2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN JUNE 25, 2016, 5TH ANNUAL!
    Posted: Feb/24/2016 at 3:13pm
***Mother Nature said no to June 4th, but yes to June 25th, so we are forced to make a weather reschedule to June 25th.  All other info remains the same.  Please, change  the saved date on your calendars and plan to come see us on a bright sunshiny East TX day in Lufkin on Saturday, June 25th****
Reagan

My how time flies.  Here we are, back for our 5th Annual EAST TEXAS AMC CRUISE-IN.  We will be holding the event this year on Saturday,June 4th, 2016 in Lufkin, TX.  For those unfamiliar with this event, click one of the links below from 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 to take a peek at what you've missed:

Link to photos for our 2015 event with links at the bottom of the page to our other past events:

Be sure to scroll through all the above links to check out the different picture album and video links and postings.

We'll post more details very soon.  This initial posting is intended just to get the word out.  This has been described as the most comfortable car event most folks have ever attended (ok, except for a spot of rain last year, but everyone had a great time).  We'll have plenty of sun and plenty of shade, cars are parked on grass, not hot pavement (unless we have to substitute the event location due to weather, which thankfully hasn't happened before), plenty of good food, plenty of good friends, plenty of good cars and Jeeps, plenty of parts, this is the AMC place to be in June.  Whether it is a trailered show car, a survivor original, a work in progress or even if it's not running or you think it's just too ugly, "Drive it, Drag it or Tow it!", all are welcome!  And we mean that.  Shoot, it was even part of our t-shirt logo design last year.  We have had folks come in from several surrounding states to participate and attend.  See if you can come and win the Long Distance award this year (a hint: you'll probably have to come from further than Mississippi.)

A little bit about our location.  Lufkin, TX has a population of over 35,000 and is a hub for East TX and the surrounding area, fairly centrally located between:

120 miles north on Hwy 59 of downtown Houston

85 miles south on Hwy 69 from downtown Tyler

175 miles south-east from downtown Dallas

165 miles east of Waco

125 miles east of College Station

120 miles south-west from downtown Shreveport, LA

160 miles west of Alexandria, LA

175 miles south of Texarkana, TX/AR

300 miles north-east of San Antonio

We look forward to seeing all our old friends and making new ones too.  More details will follow.

Feel free to contact us with any questions: Reagan Ratliff: 936/225-0569 or ratliffr@centralisd.com

Edited by BayshoreBlues - Jun/07/2016 at 8:36am
Once owned'70 Donohue 360 :(
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
'74/'75 Wagoneer 401 project(s)
'74 Javelin 401 very late (the last?) built.
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
BayshoreBlues View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2016 at 4:15pm
Alright folks, here we now have the flyer for this years' event (thanks to Janice Taylor ; ).  Please, print these off and help distribute them wherever you can: cruise-ins, posting them at your local parts house, etc.  We've had several people find out about this event through these flyers being posted around, so it is effective.  If you need a PDF file version, please e-mail me at ratliffr@centralisd.com

We have quite a few folks already committed to attending this years' event and for a little extra incentive throw in that the local monthly Lufkin Cruise-In night is also June 4th, so we are already forming the posse that will cruise-in and take over that event after our East TX AMC Cruise-In.  This monthly cruise-in is held in the parking area surrounding a local landmark that has been in business since the 1950's, Ray's Drive-In.  One of the few places remaining that has true car hop service, as well as indoor and outdoor dining.  The monthly cruise-in pulls in people and vehicles from several surrounding counties and affords us a great opportunity to get to show our Red, White & Blue pride twice in one day.   *Due to reschedule our event is no longer on the same Saturday as the local cruise-in*.  The revised flyer is provided below.
So, get your calendars marked, book your overnight stay and let us know you're coming.  Event shirt info will follow soon.
Thanks,
Reagan

Edited by BayshoreBlues - Jun/07/2016 at 8:35am
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 8:05pm
I am getting all packed up for the trip !!!

Ready for AMC Fun,
Ollie
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2016 at 12:37pm
Today, Per Reagan Ratliff....
Due to ongoing forecast of wet weather....
JUNE 25TH RESCHEDULE FOR EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN....   
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2016 at 6:13pm
Hah, thanks Dickie.  Didn't know you had replied on that before I had a chance to edit.  Hope this means you guys will be able to make it now.  

My apologies to Ollie and Teresa Patterson, as they host a Veteran's Appreciation Fun Run that will be that same day this year.  For info on this event that kicks off in Jackson, MS please contact Ollie at 601-829-2589.  We look forward to seeing you guys again next year Ollie.

We will have event t-shirts available again this year, $15 for adult small through XL and $17 for XXL.  Bring your folding chairs and your appetites because my wife will be preparing a great lunch and awesome dessert she is becoming locally famous for.  Hope to see you all here June 25th.
Reagan

Edited by BayshoreBlues - Jun/07/2016 at 8:37am
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2016 at 10:25pm
One week to go and the weather forecast looks great.  Looking forward to seeing everyone next Saturday.
Reagan
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2016 at 4:25pm
Well, life has kept me busy since June 25th, but wanted to take a moment and thank everyone that attended this year, I think it was a great success.  Many thanks to Art Nesmith for all the great Amsoil products we had for raffle prizes.  Art's 90 year old WWII veteran father was in town and other family were arriving so he had to leave about 2:00 and missed out on the thanks we gave him there.  Additional thanks in the prize department to Tom Taylor and Ted Davis.  Thanks to Tim Gould for pitching in to assist with participants arriving and anything else you saw that needed attention.  I’d like to also thank my wife Misty (without whose hard work and endless patience this event would not take place) and our boys Erik and Derik Todd.  We had a good number of people from the community come by and visit and look at the cars.  I have actually had a couple of people tell me they drove by multiple times to see what all cars arrived during the day, but they didn't want to get out of their A/C to look at a more leisurely pace ; )   

Huge props go out to Ken and Grayce Aggen, from Henderson, TX who drove down again this year in their gorgeous '83 Cherokee, arriving first thing and bringing some great garden produce to share.  

Our long distance caravan from Ft Worth/Saginaw were first time participants who we hope will be long term participants from now on.  Raymon Hacking trailered his '71 Javelin to the event (being its' first outing in 30 years, we were honored) followed by Bill Russell driving his '69 AMX (and winning the long distance participant award) and Bobby Gilley in his '70 AMX (which you could have just left with me if you had wanted to).  That was quite a sight seeing them all pulling together.  Onnie Weaver from Jasper, TX graced us with a pair of his Nashes, a '47 coupe and '46 sedan.  Onnie won the Participant's Choice as well.  Tim Gould from south east Houston won the People's Choice award with his '74 black AMX (though I didn't see him bribing small children with Hot Wheels cars for votes this time, so he must've been up to something else... ; ).  

Rounding out the participant field were:

Allen Baker from Houston, TX in his one owner '70 Donohue Javelin.

Gary and Lisa Edwards from Palestine, TX with their 70k original mile '72 Javelin.

Jason Heflin from Nacogdoches, TX with his '59 Rambler American wagon that's not quite stock under the hood (yeah, it’s a Chevy, but I really like it).

Jeff Jung from Houston, TX with his way too quite running '65 Rambler American coupe, what a great car.

Art Nesmith from Lufkin, TX with just one of his 401 Gremlins this time.

Tom Taylor (with Ted Davis co-piloting) from Houston, TX in his one owner '69 Javelin.

Bill Threet (and I'm sorry I don't have you friends name) from Temple, TX in his '72 Javelin SST making his AMC debut as a participant.  Bill attended last year and determined then and there to find and buy his own AMC and he snagged a nice one that he drove home from California.

And last, but not least due to working all day, but making it in time to at least see the last handful of cars was Josh Evans in his ever so slightly modified (yeah right) '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited.

Well, and of course the short distance winner being our '72 Javelin that made it flawlessly from the garage to the front yard and back again.

If I've missed someone, please forgive me and reply all to this message to correct the omission.  We were also joined by a local gentleman with his resto-modded '57-'58 Studebaker Hawk.  I'm sorry I don't have his name and info, but he and his Studebaker are more than welcome to attend every year.  And certainly not to be left out was John Williams (who last year brought his then for sale and now sold '74 Matador) in his rat rod '51 Dodge truck/wrecker.

Also in attendance were many of the AMC faithful from all over that were unable to bring their vehicles (Richard Harrod from Palestine, TX), notably Lufkin's own Marsha Eppley who always dives in to help Misty out with the great lunch that's served each year.  She may not have had her '71 Javelin here this time, but she did pick up a super sweet set of Ralley rims from Jack Lee to put on her white and black beauty for the next time ; )  Triston Barringer was able to pick up a few more pieces for his Gremlin project too if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks to Jack Lee, Jurl Davis and his son, and Larry and Kathy Schmidt for bringing the swap meet goods for everyone.

Thanks to everyone that came out and braved the heat.  We look forward to another great event next year. Hopefully we will be scheduling for the first or second Saturday of June for 2017, so stay on the lookout for updates.

We do have a few event t-shirts remaining in adult large and XL that are available for purchase.  I can mail you one for an even $20 in a priority envelope.  If you want to buy multiples I believe up to three can be shipped for $6.80, so $15 each plus the postage in that scenario.  Just contact me by e-mail at ratliffr@centralisd.com if you are interested.  I'm attaching shirt images below.

Edited by BayshoreBlues - Jul/13/2016 at 4:30pm
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic