TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1973 Gremlin Project.... "The Demise of Sanity"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1973 Gremlin Project.... "The Demise of Sanity"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 101>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2019 at 10:20am
Originally posted by scramboy scramboy wrote:

I use a Mastercool flaring tool. You can bring it to your work and it makes perfect flares every time. You can find them used for about half the price as new.
Those look like the cats a$$...!!! They  aren't cheap either.. I noticed that they have a couple of different styles. Old school and a hydraulic... 
Do you use the hydraulic one...?? 
That would of made this job so much easier... 

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
Fluffy73 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluffy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2019 at 2:22pm
I see the error of my ways. I didn't realize the older systems had a separate restrictor valve on the rear line. 
I am genetically incapable of being Politically Correct.
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2019 at 3:20pm
Hard to tell from your pics, but it looks like the rear reservoir on your master cylinder is the larger of the two. That one supplies the front brakes. The smaller reservoir is for the rear brakes.

If you read the TSM master cylinder info you posted, it states that some master cylinders use the front reservoir for the front, other masters use it for the rear. It depends on the bore size of the master cylinder.

Edited by scott - May/06/2019 at 3:25pm
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2019 at 5:25pm
Thank you Scott..
That was the information that I was wanting/needing.
And they are backwards. I will have to see if I can straighten the back line out to extend to the front reservoir. I might be able to get it to fit. But, if I can't.. then we will have to make a new line... Again.. (this will be number 3 and they do seem to be getting easier to make)
The front one is easy and I can just cut it and re-flare it.
It's ok Fluffy...
We are only human and we all make mistakes.
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2019 at 11:04pm
Easy fix…
I think it even made it look a little better.

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2019 at 11:42am
Wondering how far i should go up on the firewall...???
Anyone done the dynamat before and how far up the fire wall have you went..??
There is the obvious holes that will need to be cut out, but what about all the stuff that needs to be attached.? Does it interfere with the heater box..??
I also have the reproduction firewall pad to use. I was thinking of a spray on glue to attach it with. Good idea or not good idea..??
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
mrblatzman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrblatzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2019 at 11:50am
I think you have stopped about right...The carpet had that brown fuzzy insulation on the back side of it, and I believe the repo carpet kits do as well...looking good...Bob
Thankyou....Bob
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2019 at 12:38pm
Thanks Bob..
I will get that pad out and see just where it goes on the firewall and go from there.
The dynamat hasn't been fun stuff to work with and I am glad it's about done.
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2019 at 12:02am
Glad this is almost over. I left the hump like that because I ran out. They should call this stuff wrinklemat. No matter how hard I tried to not get wrinkles, it wrinkled. And trying to squeeze between the roll bar wasn't much fun either. Some places I stretched it too far and tore it. So I used the tape over those spots as well as the seams.

My spring guard for my fuel line will be here tomorrow. So I can finish up that up.
More battles to continue..!!

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2019 at 6:02am
You're going to run a stick shift, right? If so I'd bite the bullet and get a little more mat for the hump and cover all of it. You're going to get some noise through the shifter hole, but may as well muffle as much clutch and trans noise as you can since you got everything else muffled real good.
Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 101>
  Share Topic