TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1973 Gremlin Project.... "The Demise of Sanity"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1973 Gremlin Project.... "The Demise of Sanity"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 101>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2019 at 11:05am

Came out pretty good. I did have one spot on the firewall that for some unforeseen reason decided to fish eye on me.
I was able to give it another coat of EP and most of them disappeared, but not all. Color is later this afternoon when the weather warms up a bit. Supposed to be in the upper 40's...!!! Total heat wave..!!
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2019 at 1:31pm
I am no painter, but with metal flake paint, doesn't the part being painted need to be in the position or orientation it will be in when finish assembled, when it is being painted, so that the metal flake all lays the same way under the influence of gravity in the wet paint and as the paint is drying and eventually dries?
Fluffy73 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluffy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2019 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by PHAT69AMX PHAT69AMX wrote:

I am no painter, but with metal flake paint, doesn't the part being painted need to be in the position or orientation it will be in when finish assembled, when it is being painted, so that the metal flake all lays the same way under the influence of gravity in the wet paint and as the paint is drying and eventually dries?

Depends on how heavy the flake is.. If you're talking like, 1970's drag boat ridiculous metal flake, then yes.  Regular automotive metal?? Nah.
I am genetically incapable of being Politically Correct.
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2019 at 7:10pm
Sure like the title of this thread.  Your sanity may have vanished but your talent and tenacity remain firmly in place.  Great work.  Enjoy reading and seeing your progress.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2019 at 7:21pm
Not bad...
Might be a few small runs here and there, kind of like from the factory..
Two full wet coats and there are a few spots that will need a touch up that I can't get to while it's on the rotisserie..

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2019 at 7:37am
You certainly got it going on in the hammer lane now my AMC friend !!!!  

Remember with no runs, no hits or no errors you weren't even in the ball game !!!!!

Hope to get re-cranked on my painting, but high winds, yellow pollen and rain have me sitting in the pit area. 

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2019 at 9:22am
Thanks Guys...!!
Got her in the hammer lane and in the "big hole" cuz we all know the "fan ain't gonna pull it"...!!!
Todays battles will include but not limited to...

Taking care of that ugly undercoating. I think I am just going to hit that with some rattle can primer to get it back to a black color. Then dig out the touch up gun and try to blend in some of that undercoating and hit a few spots that are in need. Clean up the mess that I have made. I sure wish that the snow would melt in my driveway. The driveway is on the North side of the house, so it doesn't get much sun. I would like to get this out in the sun to really see how bad I screwed stuff up..
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2019 at 3:30pm
Much better...
Used the detail gun.
Makes getting into spots where the bigger gun doesn't fit.
Got quite a few spots where I wasn't able to get to yesterday. Especially in the engine compartment.

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2019 at 3:09pm
Ya know, I'd just go ahead and spray paint over that undercoating. Might come off eventually with road debris hitting it, but most will stay on, and it will look really sharp for quite a while!

Frank Swygert
mrblatzman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrblatzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2019 at 3:58pm
I am "turquoise" with envy at your progress...Bob
Thankyou....Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 101>
  Share Topic