TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

LimeRock Park Historic Festival 33 Sept. 6th - Event Date: Jun/09/2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireball327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: LimeRock Park Historic Festival 33 Sept. 6th
    Posted: Jul/22/2015 at 8:28am
Lakeville,Ct. Sunday Sept. 6th 2015 Lime Rock Park Historic Festival 33 Concours and Gathering of the Marques car show. There is a AMC section in the Gathering of the Marques part of the show which circles the 1.5 mile road course usually around a thousand cars attend . The show is part of Lime Rock's Vintage Racing weekend. For more info go to , limerockhistorics.com or Gary at horshuguy@aol.com
Rogue401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2015 at 12:28am
I'm going to try and make it. I love Lime Rock! Saw the Trans Am there in 68 
fireball327 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireball327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2015 at 7:22am
That would be GREAT! The more AMC's and RAMBLERS the better would like to get at least 25 cars in the gathering so spread the word ! Thanks; Gary
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2015 at 9:48pm
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireball327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2015 at 11:37am
Nice poster  , I was at the imsa race that AMC raced at limerock I believe it was 1980 . There was also a factory sponsored car corral that i was able to park my AMX in . (those were the days) 
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireball327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2015 at 9:41pm
The lime rock Conquers Has 5 AMC's showing in the Conquers tomorrow . 2 Mark Donahue Javelins ,2 AMX's, and a Rebel machine. The class is for American muscle 1955-1980 ,there are 15 cars in this class and 1 third of the entrants are AMC's not a bad showing ! Plus what ever shows up for the gathering of the marques!
Rogue401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2015 at 4:00pm
Thanks to fireball327 letting us know about Limerock. We've been there years ago for a Memorial Day Vintage race and show, but it was nothing like this. This was a great day. There were the four of us parked in the Marque section, plus 6 really nice AMC's in a 15 car muscle car class. We'll probablly never see that again. Waiting to hear the results. I've been going to Limerock off and on since the 1968 trans Am race and it was a great thrill to be able to drive on even a short section of the track to get to our display area.

My other reason for wanting to go was the display of Mercedes-Benz 6 "one-of-one" MBZ Grand Prix cars from 1908 to 1955. I've always been facinated with pre-WW1 and pre-WW2 grand prix cars, especially Mercedes. Their late 30s technology and machining skills looked like our 60s aerospace technology. I love studying the photos, it doesn't look like they had any lock washers. Everything was castellated nuts with cotter pins or safety wire and no Phillips screws. All slotted heads.

Overall great AMC day. Nice 100 mile ride through beautiful country, met some nice people AMC people, great cars and the rogue ran great and averaged 16 mpg on back roads and sitting in traffic.
Thanks!

Minilites and traditional RWB paint. It doesn't get any better

I'd give my left.....

100 mph in 1908, chain drive and rear brakes only

how did they do this in 1908?

1914. Love the rope heat shield

I think that's a lap counter at the top. Lightening holes everywhere.

1939. I think the prettiest race car ever built

1939 adjustable hydraulic shocks. The cars started with 600 lbs of fuel and weight distribution would change drastically during race. The black lever at the top adjusted the shocks.

1939 rear suspension. Check out the fins on the drum that would suck the air into the inner front and expel it through the outside center. And the u-joint bearing caps and the overall finish on everything.

Enough of my obsessing!

javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2015 at 4:15pm
Cool ingenuity!
Richard
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireball327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2015 at 9:45pm
Thanks Bruce for bringing your stunning Rouge , the cars in the conquers were fine  examples of our marque . The sonic silver Mark Donahue is owned by Donald and Christine Stark , and was invited to the conquers by Limerock the car is also featured in this month's  Hemmings muscle car magazine and was also invited to the Hemmings Conquers in Saratoga, NY. The Red ,White , and Blue Donahue is owned by Rick Obert which was also invited to the Conquers by Limerock Rick's car is highly modified including fuel injection that was designed and fabricated by Rick . The car has won Best in show at regional AMC meets and numerous gold awards. Rick also autocrosses the car on a regular basis. The 70 Rebel machine is owned by Gary berger a friend of mine started the original restoration on the car in the 80's he was diagnosed with cancer and died before he could finish the car and it went through a couple of owners before Gary bought the car . The 70 AMX is owned by Bruce Clark I have no other details on the car. The matador although a nice car was not part of the conquers it was a late comer and parked in the conquers row.
The other three AMC's that were  in the gathering of the Marques  were A 69 AMX owned by Boomer Harris who won first in class, 1977 Hornet AMX owned by Justin Gittings (my son) Justin is the second owner of this car and the car came from the dealer that I worked at (remember seeing the car come off the trailer as it was special ordered for a friend of mines mother) The Ambassador is my car, yes it is the car that was leaking gas at the 2012 nationals !
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireball327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2015 at 9:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic