TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2015 Graduation Car Show - Event Date: Jun/07/2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parking10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2015 Graduation Car Show
    Posted: May/05/2015 at 10:15am
  • You are invited to the 17th Annual "Graduation Car Show in Jefferson, WI on Sun. June 7, 2015. Last year we had 100 AMC vehicles in attendance. Tour our AMC Barns filled with AMC/Rambler/Nash memorabilia. https://www.facebook.com/GraduationCarShow?ref=br_rs - https://www.facebook.com/GraduationCarShow?ref=br_rs

JKJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2015 at 8:11pm
That's this Sunday you guys in the region. You don't want to miss it! There will be AMCs coming from Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, maybe even Missouri at this show. A bunch of great cars and people.
Parking10 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parking10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2015 at 8:48pm
Hope to see everyone on Sunday.
blumontag View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2015 at 9:25pm
Hope to make it next year...have fun, and post photos!
72 Gremlin X
Dan390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2015 at 2:46pm
My wife and I are making the trip this year to this show, 1st time for us, very much looking forward to it and I hope the weather is good!

We haven't been to a mostly AMC show in a LOOONG time so this should be cool!
Dan390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2015 at 5:07pm

I just wanted to thank you for a great show! The wife and I came from the Minneapolis area, 1st time to this show. Somehow I had never heard of it before this year.

The location is awesome, I'm not a fan of massive car shows in the blazing sun on tar parking lots, so to have this on a perfect grass lot with some shade trees was great, plus we had a stiff wind all day also.

The AMC garage and barns with historic everything and cars etc. inside were REALLY beyond cool for this setting, like Disneyworld for AMC'er's!

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, asking us if we were having a good time, great food onsite...Ok I might sound like I'm laying it on thick, or getting paid to say this, but really we haven't been to ANY AMC show in well over a decade, and there never is any close to where we live, so this honestly was a great time for us in all respects.

Being from out of town we had never seen any of the cars here before, so while there wasn't hundreds of them, they were all cool to us, and thankfully no "for sale" signs on any of the 68=69 AMX's our I might have been in trouble with the wife on our 26th anniversary here!

Thanks for the hospitality and great show, we may not be able to come every year but it will be something we will for sure consider every year, and if we get the wife's 69 Javelin SST back in travelling condition we will bring it!

Edited by Dan390 - Jun/07/2015 at 5:11pm
JKJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2015 at 5:50pm
Wished I'd have met you Dan.... or did I?  Every year there are cars I've never seen before--  Like the 2nd one in the pic you have here. Original owner 390 4-speed '68 AMX!! Restored it fairly recently and really nice (I voted for it in the 2- seater class). And another 2-seater (black, with a deep, deep blue Shadowmask)-- The guy bought it 35 years ago and it sat for most of those years and he just finished it last year. And the '72 Javelin-- I think he owned since around 1976 or so and it had gone through several changes over the years and was there today in its latest rendition... not stock! The morning rain kept a bunch from not showing up, but still a great show and pig roast.
JK

Edited by JKJavelin - Jun/07/2015 at 8:50pm
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2015 at 8:06pm
Looks great how many cars were at the event?
JKJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2015 at 8:37pm
Boy, I didn't really survey the grounds, but like I said, the rain kept many away. I would guestimate around 50 from the AMC families and 30 open class...
Dan390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2015 at 7:32pm
Well DANG I didn't know there was a pig roast!! How the heck did I miss THAT??!! Sheesh I guess I HAVE to come back next year for sure now!!

We didn't get a chance to meet, we had to do other stuff related to our anniversary weekend, we had originally planned to be at the show at 9:00am to make most of the day but couldn't get out of bed due to a late night previous...so we stayed long enough to check everything out but then had to go.

Here's the two cars you mentioned:

Edited by Dan390 - Jun/11/2015 at 8:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic