TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN JUNE 13, 2015 - Event Date: Jun/13/2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN JUNE 13, 2015
    Posted: May/04/2015 at 9:23am
****ATTENTION****  Due to weather conditions the EAST TEXAS AMC CRUISE-IN has been rescheduled for June 13th.  I apologize for any inconvenience, but we have had an extraordinary amount of rain this year and the show site it completely saturated and the forecast calls for a good deal more rain for next week, including the original event date.  Due to these factors, we are forced to reschedule and hopefully the June 13th date will put us comfortably on the other side of this well above normal wet weather.  I appreciate everyone who has responded to participate on the original date and all those who have already let me know they will be making it here on June 13th as well.  
I'm redoing the posting due to the original posting having the May event date within it and this is causing some confusion.  It is also pulling up under Google searches with that May date, so redoing the posting is the only way I know around that.  Thanks, Reagan****

It's that time again, announcing the EAST TEXAS AMC CRUISE-IN for 2015.  We will be holding the event this year on Saturday,June 13th in Lufkin, TX.  For those unfamiliar with this event, click one of the links below from 2012, 2013 and 2014 to take a peek at what you've missed:

Be sure to scroll through all the above links to check out the different picture album and video links and postings.

Last year's event was another great turn out with even more folks showing up with parts for sale and swap.  We had attendees from all over Texas; as well as, Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi.  How about some of you Oklahoma folks come on down this year?  
We'll post more details very soon.  This first posting is mainly intended just to get the word out there.  In a nutshell, this has been described as the most comfortable car event most folks have ever attended.  We'll have plenty of sun and plenty of shade, cars are parked on grass, not hot pavement (ok, unless we have to substitute the event location due to weather, which hasn't happened yet), plenty of good food, plenty of good friends, plenty of good cars and Jeeps, plenty of parts, this is the AMC place to be in May.  Whether it is a trailered show car, a survivor original, a work in progress or even if you thinks it's just plain ugly, "Drive it, drag it or tow it", all are welcome.  I'm thinking I need to copyright that phrase.  Hey, maybe I'll incorporate it into this year's t-shirt design Wink

Lufkin, TX has a population of over 35,000 and is a hub for East TX and the surrounding area, fairly centrally located between:

120 miles north on Hwy 59 of downtown Houston

85 miles south on Hwy 69 from downtown Tyler

175 miles south-east from downtown Dallas

165 miles east of downtown Waco

120 miles south-west from downtown Shreveport, LA

160 miles west of Alexandria, LA

175 miles south of Texarkana, TX/AR

300 miles north-east of San Antonio

Feel free to contact us with any questions: Reagan Ratliff: 936/225-0569 or ratliffr@centralisd.com, Tom Taylor: 713/249-2466 or tom.taylor@c-a-m.com

Once owned'70 Donohue 360 :(
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
'74/'75 Wagoneer 401 project(s)
'74 Javelin 401 very late (the last?) built.
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
BayshoreBlues View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2015 at 10:20am
Ok, so I redid the posting and I'm copying and pasting the pertinent entries I made from the original over to this new posting.  Refer back to the original posting for posts made by others prior to today.  Here is the updated event flyer:

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2015 at 10:27am
We will be going with a Heather Navy shirt this year (I know it looks more gray in the photos, sorry best my cell ph camera would do).  I'm attaching a couple of shots to illustrate this years' design.  The prices will be $15 for adult small through XL, then an additional $1 for XXL and $2 for XXXL.  We really need to get the order into the place making them by June 3rd, so please contact me as early as you can with your size and quantity needed.  Remember, your t-shirt purchase helps offset the expenses for holding the event, so keep those orders coming.

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
MogulTX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MogulTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2015 at 4:58pm
Two hundred and five miles from Georgetown TX.... should be a fun meet!
Gremil View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2015 at 8:39pm
Great work, Reagan! Looking forward to the show. Should be great and hopefully less soggy. Big smile
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2015 at 9:46am
The rescheduling has been a headache to be sure.  So many details to sort out ad-wise to get it changed to the new date.  The Lufkin Daily News featured the event prominently on the front page of yesterday's paper (thanks for the exposure) but still for the old date, sooo, had to call and there is a much less prominent retraction in today's paper on page two.   We are already having rain today, so even though the rain percentages have dropped overall for the week, it looks like we are getting the rain anyway.
Reagan
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic