TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Repro Spirit Concord AMX Gremlin GT Flares

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2015 at 3:43pm
John, 

Not sure that I will be able to give you more than I have regarding fit. The flares will be test fitted on a car prior to the first product being sent to buyers just like the spoiler was. The front spoiler by design was reinforced to make it sturdier that the OEM piece. The flares will be inherently more flexible due to their design. I'm currently working on finding the flare welt or a suitable alternative so that they will fit as good if not better than OEM. 

Dave
jjwbeach View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjwbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2015 at 10:26pm
Any news on the Spirit flares and air dam repops?
Peter Marano View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Marano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2015 at 10:47pm
I think a Toyota truck with wheel fairings used the same welt.
1970390amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970390amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2015 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by jjwbeach jjwbeach wrote:

Any news on the Spirit flares and air dam repops?

send garsod a PM, the air dam is completed and available for sale. I dont think there was enough interest in the wheel flairs to move forward. 
1970 390 4speed Bittersweet shadow mask AMX
1970 Amx missing most everything, or in a box
garsod View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2015 at 11:50pm
JJ, 1970 is correct, there was not enough interest in the flares to be done. If you want to reach out to Mirror Image Plastics and see if they have any left. I still have the NOS flares if there is any interest.
jjwbeach View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjwbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2015 at 6:57am
Thank you very much, I would be in for a set or two for sure if it is still viable.
jjwbeach View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjwbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2015 at 7:00am
I have a 79 Spirit AMX H code car and the flares and air dam are cracked so bad that 
we can't fix them any more. I will reach out to them and see what's up. Thanks again.
garsod View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2015 at 8:43am
I hope you have success with finding the flares. I'm up for 2 sets as well and you are up for two than we only need to have 8 more sets confirmed to start the process. Who's in?
SPIRITAMX79 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPIRITAMX79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2015 at 8:08am
I'm in for a set! Maybe 2. But definitely 1.
garsod View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2015 at 10:39am
With the new interest in the flares being reproduced I reached out to Mirror Image to verify that they can still do the flares. There appears to be about 6 sets that are spoken for out of the 12 that are needed to be purchased initially. Basic price appears to be around $700.00 plus or minus for shipping.
12 sets at $700.00 is $8,400.00. If there are 6 sets presold at $700.00 that equals $4200.00 so there needs to be either a front person for the $4,200.00 or we need more presold to cover the start up. I'm including myself in for 2 sets for my car and would be willing to buy 1 or two more to move the project forward. That is a $2800.00 commitment to make this happen on my part. The full $8,400 has to be raised before production can start and I just cannot swing it on my own.

Any ideas or thoughts to help make this happen please feel free to comment. I think it would be a major boost to the value of these models to have these available.

Thanks,

Dave Garson

Edited by garsod - Sep/28/2015 at 10:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
  Share Topic