TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Repro Spirit Concord AMX Gremlin GT Flares

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2018 at 12:38pm
Thanks for the research on the flares.
Mirror Image can only produce the flares in Black material that is paintable. I'm open to going in as partners on the reproducing of the 79 flares and am still open to sending my NOS set to Mirror Image for use as the molding set. 

1ManGang: If you want to PM me your number and we can chat about this that would work. 

Anyone still following this and is willing to purchase a set please respond and let us know. 

I'm in for two sets. 

Dave
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2018 at 11:40pm
PM sent with phone number.

Found the Front Spoiler Thread and it appears that the front spoiler was fit on at least one 78 so that is probably not an issue.

I might be test fitting m 78 flares to a Spirit in the near future to see how they look.  We have a couple Spirits available.  Hopefully the side profile where the flares mount wasn't changed.

garsod View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2018 at 11:55pm
PM Sent
POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2018 at 11:35am
I'm still in for 1 set
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2018 at 8:32pm
All,

I am working out some details regarding the interchangeability of the Spirit and Concord Flares. (Since i have Concord flares and a Spirit, I am fitting the Concord flares on a Spirit.)  Once that is worked out, I intend on possibly visiting Mirror Image with a set of flares so he John can see and touch what we have.  I hope that visit will happen before April.

I have ordered a front spoiler to see how it compares to the original spoiler.  I will fit it and expect that it will fit nicely on my Concord.  

As I stated previously, I will take 1 set of Spirit Flares.  I am pretty serious about funding up to 10 sets @$450 to get this moving.  We still need some of the other people who said they were interested in flares to speak up.  

I would really like to have the flares molded on a car.  I would also like to either show the prototype flares at Auburn AMO National or have the final flares ready for distribution at the Auburn Show.  I don't know what the production schedule or the molding / QA process will require for time but the earlier we start the better chance we have of having something by the show.

1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2018 at 9:01pm
PM sent to Garsod.
racerkilla View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerkilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2018 at 9:12pm
I would consider a set but need to see them done first. The flares will have to be molded with them installed on a car. There is way to much give if trying to pull a mold from a loose flare. The oem material you can bend where the each ends can touch or even twist entire flare around. Molded wrong and you have 1/2 gap here or there as the material the repo air dam was hard and sturdy. But in this case may be an issue as oem flares have a tough time fitting tight. I know my 2 79 amx's I have basically the entire flare tight against body with nothing other then screws in lip of fenders
garweb3 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garweb3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 8:14am
Isn't there some kind of filler strip that goes between the flair and the body also?
1974 Javelin AMX
1980 Spirit AMX
1987 Jeep Comanche Sportruck
racerkilla View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerkilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2018 at 12:06pm
The oem had a like a rubberish strip that was stapled to the flare very thin. Had nothing with holding flare tight against the body. I removed it on my 8 flares as was not savable and looks much cleaner with flare just touching body tight.
SCRAGTOP View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCRAGTOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2018 at 7:35am
There is a factory "welting strip" that goes in between the flares and the qtr/fender. In the factory parts book, there is reference to it on the outline drawing and there is a part number given. I think Jeff Kennedy also sells them. I believe 1mangang ordered one from Kennedy and we are waiting for it to get here to see what it looks like. Kennedy used a factory part number for the item, so we hope its an NOS one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>
  Share Topic