TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rapid Delivery-Ollie's Postal Jeep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2018 at 6:38pm
Engine turn vinyl arrived.....

All the gauges are wired and working and gauge lights working. I hit the starter and it turned over.

Off to Kosciusko, Mississippi tomorrow the Natchez Trace Festival. Hope to get the wiring finished and running before next Wednesday. We are in full swing car show business now so Rapid's progress will slow.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2018 at 12:40am
Cookin' with peanut oil. Super looking! Been a long time since i was in Kosciusko. Have fun.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2018 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Ollie Ollie wrote:

Engine turn vinyl arrived.....

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
And it looks like you put it to good use. Thumbs Up

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2018 at 2:27pm
Working on Rapids wiring and had a major issue. My headlights started messing up. I had to wiggle the switch to make them work. Progress stopped until the new headlight switch arrived.

Got the headlights and taillights working.

LED brake lights are sure bright.......

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2018 at 3:02pm
Progress Rolls On.......

Had to make a steering column bushing. Here is the original factory column bushing...

You can see the bottom where the column rode on the firewall is gone. I had to make a two piece rubber to get it fitting tight.

It came out good for me. I am sure there is another rattle gone.

All of the electrical is completed. Next project is the wiper motor.

Carpet is still on the back order.

Tomorrow is crank up day. Got to check the points as I think I may have fried them. Forgot it was points as I was putting on power while working on the wiring. I disconnected the coil wire but may have been to late.

Got to get my windshield and the glassman lined up.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
rms827 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rms827 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2018 at 3:24pm
Man, I wish mine was progressing like yours, LOL.  It's looking good, Ollie.

Too bad you don't live in Texas too.  That paint concept that you doodled back on page 1 could easily be converted to a Texas state flag tribute paint job.  Probably never get a ticket if you drove it through there too, LOL. 
1964 AMC Rambler Classic 660

"You can think I'm an idiot, just don't talk to me like I'm one." - Batman
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2018 at 5:31pm
More bonding time with Rapid.

Been fighting the alternator issue and I was losing the battle for awhile. The alternator stopped working just before I started the paint and body work. I took the alternator out of my new car, the 69 American and spent all day cleaning it up. After all that work and installing it, still nothing.

I went this morning and bought a 1976 Jeep single wire 67 amp alternator. When I made a 10si bracket for The Rambler, I made two of them as I had the stock. Low and behold I needed it !!!!!

All the wiring is done and working. I have the firewall insulation glued in.

Went to Mid State Glass with my old cracked windshield. They are cutting me a new one and I will pick it up tomorrow.

My carpet is still on back order. If they don't have it in stock by Monday I will find a different source. We are going to a power cruise car show in Louisiana Wed and won't be back until Sunday.
http://www.cruisincajuncountry.com/

I am down to glass installation and carpet.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Edited by Ollie - May/16/2018 at 8:58am
SeanHatfield View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanHatfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2018 at 8:22pm
It's awesome to see this thing really coming together! Nice fab work on the alternator bracket as well. Just a little bit more and she'll be on the road, delivering parts and mail!
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2018 at 7:39am
Originally posted by SeanHatfield SeanHatfield wrote:

........... Just a little bit more and she'll be on the road, delivering parts and mail!

Sean,

I couldn't resist it last night !!!! I went for a ride with a 5 gallon bucket as a seat !!!

I live on a horseshoe.. cul-de-sac, type street and I went to the end and back. Transmission shifted out great and the brakes did as they are supposed to. All temps and pressures were right on !!!!

I really don't recommend a 5 gal bucket as a seat.......

Off to pick up my new windshield.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
SeanHatfield View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanHatfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2018 at 9:37am
Brings a whole new meaning to bucket seats! I’m sure it won’t be the last time someone on this forum will ride on a 5 gallon bucket for a test drive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
  Share Topic