TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Repro bumpers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repro bumpers
    Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 8:24pm
I was just on the phone with my friend who owns AMD ( Auto Metal Direct ), and he told me that today he had signed off on reproducing front and rear bumpers for all Javelins and AMX's from 68-74.  He said that it would probably take 6-8 months to get to market. I asked if I could post it here, and he told me to have at it. 
nothingface5384 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothingface5384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 8:51pm
Cool
too bad not for a 75 hornet lol
1972 Pro-Toured Buick Skylark Twin turbo efi 355 v8

1973 Pro-Toured Ford Maverick 302 v8

1975 Stock AMC Hornet 232 I6

1978 Stock Plymouth Volare 225 /6
Rogue401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 11:43pm
64-69 Americans would be another common one to repro.
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

I was just on the phone with my friend who owns AMD ( Auto Metal Direct ), and he told me that today he had signed off on reproducing front and rear bumpers for all Javelins and AMX's from 68-74.  He said that it would probably take 6-8 months to get to market. I asked if I could post it here, and he told me to have at it. 
That is very good news.....I hope he doesn't lose his azz on the deal with the rambler mentality.  I like their products.
they call me Capt RETIRED!
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 9:13am
Originally posted by turbo turbo wrote:

Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

That is very good news.....I hope he doesn't lose his azz on the deal with the rambler mentality.  I like their products.
It's a roll of the dice with most any reproduction parts.
SCarolinaAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCarolinaAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 10:21am
Great news! Please keep us posted!
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 11:19am
Interesting news, is there an estimated Price out in the Clouds?

SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 11:38am
Originally posted by SirDigger SirDigger wrote:

Interesting news, is there an estimated Price out in the Clouds?

I forgot to ask, but The Gray brothers , Mike and Alan (360MDJavelin) both work there, and the owner bought an AMX and a Donohue Javelin from me in the past, as well as owning a few other AMX's and a red Rebel Machine, so I am sure they are aware of the market. When I talk to him next, I will see if he has an estimate. P.S. I liked your Marine joke. 
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 12:01pm
Put them on Ebay and set a reserve of a 1/2 million...it will get everyone talking about them and get free advertising.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
360MDJav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360MDJav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 12:29pm
We haven't set the price level yet, but I'll let you know when that happens. Mike and I sent
several of our own bumpers to be used as patterns, as well as a couple NOS ones that we
received from a friend. I even sacrificed my Donohue's rear bumper for the cause because it
fit better than the NOS one that I had.

Hopefully these turn into decent sellers. I know they are needed item, especially the 1971-74 front which is impossible to find in decent shape.

Alan
1970 Big Bad Orange Donohue
1971 ADPS Javelin
1973 Javelin/AMX 401
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
  Share Topic