TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mad max is alive again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2015 at 11:59am
I have the special edition version which is undubbed.   Like it a lot better.   Also has the "making of" special features and a whole history of the cars and such down to Max's 4 door interceptor with the 351.   Has story notes that you can turn on or off that tell you more info about the movie while your watching it.  

I still don't understand why they didn't release the regular version in the U.S.   It's better in my opinion.  
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2015 at 2:21pm
I also have the mad max collector,s edition and MAD MAX 2 ( the road warrior ) in front of me and think I will look at these since I have not seen these movies before, isn't that bad ,owned the car for two years now and only seen a few skits on telly. BAD BAD BOY,
Mad max # 15
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2015 at 5:21pm
You could always look at it as creating a replica of the hot wheels car and use that for inspiration.
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2015 at 9:49pm
I'd personalize it to you anyways. You are "Max" now.

Steve
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2015 at 2:03am
Just seen the two movies and don't think I have missed out on to much !      But going back to the car I'm hoping to have a lot of pictures of the in side and trunk area with dino mat through out, even the roof and maybe with some carpet in and maybe bumpers with the strips through them plus doors on to which I will take off when the car gets home so I can get the glass and hardware back in. Fingers crossed again.
Mad max # 15
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2015 at 8:32am
very neat project   I would like to see more as it nears completion
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2015 at 10:16am
Once I get the car home it should be a easy project to do as far as keeping it stock because who knows how stock is stock when it was done up for the movie ( if indeed it ever was intended for the MAD MAX movie) , so if I don't chop up the car in any way I feel I can do what I feel like to what I think it would have been in the movie, if it was ? I do
have 99 % of the stock parts put away so if my son or daughter in the future wants to put it right they will be able to with no problems   
Mad max # 15
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2015 at 1:43am
still slow but sure but I have a few pics for yous , they are of { doors hung , dynomat layed,just the boot to go and an empty engine room } , Want to know  your thoughts about about painting the dash yellow and have the stripes through the middle and have new seats done the same way and maybe the head liner as well . I think it is way out there but my self I think would look good and is what it is ! What do you think

DOUGWink

Embarrassed

Mad max # 15
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2015 at 3:28pm
I am finding it hard to picture all that yellow and stripes in the interior as well but might be OK. Maybe leave the dash and seats black and just paint the roof strip (with some very fine yellow border to break it up like on the sides of an XAGT bonnet) in the middle of the dash and then again up the middle of the back seat. Not too much but enough to keep the theme? I am sure some people have had hesitations of seeing you MFP an aussie AMX but I think once it is finished it is going to be a real stand-out Smile awsome
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2015 at 1:16am
Hi people    I have gotten Max home the other day and ready for the long track of putting it all back together . This is the part I like to do , it is when it all comes together . The paint job is awsome and can't wait to get going . here are some pic's from home.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Mad max # 15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic