TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mad max is alive again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 5:12pm
Today we have decided to paint the floor pans and back cargo area yellow as well. The brown from the last paint job just didn't look right, I thought it was all right but Dylan thinks it looks a bit tacky so gone is the brown . I will see about some pictures later
Mad max # 15
rockAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 10:40pm
You will need the light kit on top, the cabin radio and the correct wheels (painted white). I remember seeing a website a few years ago that sourced these hard to find items for Mad Max clone cars. Australian site I think. The lights could be a problem if your local laws do not allow them. Also sourced the MFP badge decals.
DWR
1968 AMX

GnipGnop4 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GnipGnop4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 10:47pm
AMX is much better looking than the XB.  The paint is looking amazing!  What wheels are you going with?

These Sunraysia's were what Max had on his Interceptor...

GnipGnop4 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GnipGnop4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 10:57pm
If you haven't already found www.madmaxmovies.com there is a significant amount of details and pictures on all the movie cars.  Looking forward to tracking the progress on your project.  My vote for engine is the 390 with a Weiand Blower!  Available for a few dollars at www.madmaxparts.com

Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 11:19pm
It just ain't cool unless you can make the blower drive independent of a running engine like in the garage scene when the "tuner" demonstrates the blower drive and proclaims - " Lawst ov thee Vee aight Intahceptuhs, maite."

Phonetically spelled, of course.

Steve
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2015 at 2:14am
here are the motors I am thinking on , one is a 390 with the blower and a rodded up 360 Big smile

Mad max # 15
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2015 at 2:16am
the 360 Tongue

Mad max # 15
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2015 at 11:23pm
You know the answer to which one.

Steve
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2015 at 11:58pm
Slate you are right, but to put the car on the road I have to put the 360 in first so as not to have to much trouble getting the car vined and register for New Zealand without looking to modified then put the 390 in with the fiberglass hood as I don't want to cut up a steal hood to hous the blower . This is still a little way off, I still have another 390 with a cross ram in town I could put in as well but wanting to put it in my SS
Mad max # 15
GnipGnop4 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GnipGnop4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2015 at 5:41pm
Deluxe Interceptor Accessory Kit:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic