TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ultimate CJ7 442ci Restomod Hot Rod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfeman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2014 at 9:23am
Here is the video from the pass at Zmax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub9FkhyCbZo
"talk is talk, explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but performance is reality"
Wolfeman64 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfeman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2014 at 3:41am
Took the Jeep to Stewart-Haas' Hot Rods at the Race Shop show last Sunday after the race in Charlotte. The first comment from one of the Stewart-Haas crew was 'did you get all the rubber out of the fenderwells from Wednesday night at Zmax'.   It took 'Best Truck'. There was a slight controversy about it being a truck (no other class to register it in), but the ruling was does it have a tailgate. Yep, then its a truck. Some of the coolest trophies I have ever seen.

"talk is talk, explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but performance is reality"
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfeman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2014 at 9:58am
I put the Jeep on the scales Friday and got a little surprise. I had estimated the weight at around 2700#, but the scales thought differently, 3550#. I guess I underestimated the weight of the Dana 60 & 44. Good news is the weight is low. This was without me, so add about 2-fitty. But the distribution was very good. Which explains the nice launches at the track.

motiv8ya View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motiv8ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2014 at 11:49am
Amazing work! Very detailed build and with great documentation! I just read through the whole thing.
1979 CJ7 - AMC 401 (.040), Melling MTA-1 RV Cam, Edelbrock Performer Intake and #1406 Carb, AMC TH400
1977 CJ7 - AMC 401 (.040 over) Melling MTA-1 RV Cam, Edelbrock Airgap Intake, HEI, Howell TBI
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfeman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2014 at 4:53am
Originally posted by motiv8ya motiv8ya wrote:

Amazing work! Very detailed build and with great documentation! I just read through the whole thing.

Motiv8ya, thanks for the props. You read the whole thing, hope you were having a hard time going to sleep.
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfeman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2014 at 5:06am
I made a little road trip to Ocala, FL for the 27th Mopars with Big Daddy at Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing. Met some great people and got to hang out with the FL AMC club guys. Thanks to the Florida Mopar Assoc. for the hospitality.

The Jeep was entered in the Truck, Jeep & Van class. On Saturday it got 3rd place in the Participate's Choice and Sunday it got 1st place in the official judging. All the trophies were signed and presented by Don Garlits. Pretty cool since I am such a drag racing fan.

amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2014 at 8:50am
First Place is well deserved!   I had fun talking with You on Sunday and appreciate getting all the fine points of your build. Awesome......

Jerry
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfeman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2014 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by amx600rr amx600rr wrote:

First Place is well deserved!   I had fun talking with You on Sunday and appreciate getting all the fine points of your build. Awesome......

Jerry

Thanks Jerry for taking the time to see the Jeep. Had a great time and hope to see you in the future. Maybe Cleveland!

Nat
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2014 at 3:40am
Damn I love that Jeep, awesome and well deserved...

Got some Pictures of that cool FC-Towtruck too?

SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfeman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2014 at 5:29am
Originally posted by SirDigger SirDigger wrote:

Damn I love that Jeep, awesome and well deserved...

Got some Pictures of that cool FC-Towtruck too?

Thanks! Here is the only other pix I have of the FC.

All pix from the show should be available at the Florida Mopar Assoc. website in the near future.

http://www.floridamoparassociation.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
  Share Topic