TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ultimate CJ7 442ci Restomod Hot Rod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gntim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2015 at 8:00pm
My guess is your 60 foot time would be better but et and trap speed would suffer from the added drag. Again, your CJ is awesome...
Wolfeman64 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfeman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2015 at 5:40am
Originally posted by gntim gntim wrote:

My guess is your 60 foot time would be better but et and trap speed would suffer from the added drag. Again, your CJ is awesome...

Thanks for the comments. I believe you're right. The launch should be better, but you have to pay for the added mechanical load somewhere. But who knows, this thing is a brick at speed anyhow. I think a set of slicks and no windshield would help.
"talk is talk, explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but performance is reality"
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfeman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2015 at 8:53pm
This modification was on the Jeep before racing it at the Rock. It was planned from early in the build, but slightly modified before the final product. When Steve at Tarheel 4WD made the transfer case skid plate/transmission cross member, I asked that he include a driveshaft loop and he included provisions for one. Once I installed the fiberglass body during the build I noticed a flex in the floor near the inside back corners of the seat. So when Steve got around to making the driveshaft loop, we looked at a way to support the floor. This support uses isolation body mounts and the bolts actually go through the seat brackets and tie in the seatbelt buckle strap. The floor now is well supported and all the seatbelt tie points are tied to the chassis, but through isolators. It will need to be removed and powder coated, but not before Jeep Beach in Daytona next week.

"talk is talk, explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but performance is reality"
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2015 at 12:46am
Thats one hot jeep....      and you do a great work...
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfeman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2015 at 7:55am
Originally posted by SirDigger SirDigger wrote:

Thats one hot jeep....      and you do a great work...

Thanks...its all in a days fun!
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2015 at 8:11am
Nice attention to details.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfeman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2015 at 8:20am
Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

Nice attention to details.

Thank you sir
Blown7 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blown7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2015 at 8:50pm
Nice Jeep.. I'm kinda partial to 'em.
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfeman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2015 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Blown7 Blown7 wrote:

Nice Jeep.. I'm kinda partial to 'em.

Thanks! I had come across your CJ7 some time ago on Youtube. Very nice engine! I was searching for a blown CJ5 from back in the 80's. A guy that use to make CJ fiberglass tops in Myrtle Beach, SC had one with a blown 390 and the top had gullwing doors (an 80's thing) it was called Southern Madness. I had one of their tops (Grizzly One) on an '80 CJ5 which they used for marketing. AJ's in PA purchase their molds and my CJ ended up in AJ's catalog. Back in my youth I had too wanted to put a blown motor in a CJ. I built a '77 CJ5 and had original had my eye on a 392 hemi in a junked 50's Chrysler. I went to try and get the motor and the car had been crushed a week earlier. So, it ended up with an AMC 401.

Again, nice engine. Good luck selling it, but I have to ask why?
Blown7 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blown7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2015 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Wolfeman64 Wolfeman64 wrote:

[QUOTE=Blown7]

Again, nice engine. Good luck selling it, but I have to ask why?

Well because I've been playing with the new Hemi's in the Jeep SRT's for the last 7 years I want to re  engine the CJ with a new 3rd Gen Hemi like the new Hellcat based 6.2 L.

The blower is nice and really cool but because I use this CJ as a daily driver in New England it gets tiring to have to cover the Bugcatcher every time I park it for fear of hydrolock. So the next build will keep everything under the hood with a Whipple supercharger.

The Gen 3 Hemi aftermarket Thitek head is so good that I have to think that I could have 1000HP before Nitrous. And because the Hemi still keeps the Jeep in factory classes I can still race Gen 3 Hemi series.

So thats the plan in the future for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic