TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

74 AMX got keyed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 5:13pm
I saw yours earlier Patrick, it looks really good. I really like the customization you did on yours.
74 "NOT A REAL AMX" Javelin / 2 x 74 Javelins / 71 Javelin SST
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 5:36pm
Looking good!! Thumbs Up

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
ypercy View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ypercy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 6:01pm
Thanks a lot! I can't wait to see what all you do with yours!
1974 Javelin
Instagram:
@thatgoldjavelin
@amcfan
dsm6678 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsm6678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 7:26pm

Nice pictures thanks for showing them! How do you find time to work on three of those cars??? 

After spending $13,000 and 2 years of non stop work  I still am trying to finish one of them !

Are there any restrictions using that antique insurance from  state farm?

thanks,
D
hitman33dp View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 7:44pm
I tinker with the other 3 for now. I am mostly concentrating on this AMX for now. Altho this weekend I hope to get a 2 barrel MC carb kit in the red/yellow one as it started to leak out of the diaphragm the other day when I was moving it around. With the antique insurance the restrictions are that I am allowed 3000 miles a year to drive it and it has to be stored indoors. The first few years I had to take the car there and show them the odometer, but after only having a max of 500 miles one year and only about 300 combined the other years, they told me not to worry about bringing it in anymore. They also appraised it for me the first year at $12,500, which was up around $14,000 when it got keyed. Now after I get her done I have to take her back in for new pics and new appraisal.
dsm6678 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsm6678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 8:31pm
My brother has a 1987 monte carlo ss and he uses Skully's insurance I think that is what it is called. So I called them up and gave them the information on my 73 amc javelin/amx and the woman on the phone started asking me questions about where I am going to drive it. I told her I will be driving it but it's not my main transportatoin since I have a pickup truck and three motorcycles that I use mostly.. So she asks me if I will be driving it to work,  I said yes I would drive it to work once in a while and I added I would be driving it once or twice a week  .. Then she asks me if I will be picking up groceries with the car .. I said I am sure I would pick up groceries in the car once in while while I have it out.. She then asked me how many miles would you be driveing the car I replied under 3,000 a year probably a lot less than that .So then she told me I do not meet the requirments to get the insurance ..... I got a little pissed off so I asked her ... Where can I drive the car to meet the requirments she said you can only drive the car to shows and drives..

Now what kinda crap is that who would get insurance from them unless you have a trailer queen.....

I told my brother with the monte carlo ss and he called them and they told him no you can drive it but not for everyday use... But I am already done with them I am not begging for insurance  ... I think I am going to send an e-mail to them telling them how I was treated and the girl was a female canine to me.

Right now I have NJM and they are the best as far a their minimum coverage  but they do not offer classic insurance so I am paying over 400 a year and that is with a second car discount and low coverage
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 8:59pm
I originally was using this car as my daily driver in college and I think I was paying around $50-$60 per month, but it was my only car and I was 18-22, so not the best rates applied anyway. But after I quit driving it all the time and got other vehicles and switched to State Farm my agent brought it up to me about switching the car to antique insurance and it saved me a lot and it is full coverage. I have heard of other companies only allowing people to drive them except in parades and to car shows, but someday I hope to be able to enjoy it on cruise nights with my family also. Someday....
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 9:26pm
This is when I decided that maybe for this "quick and simple" paint job that had already been waiting for almost 3 years that maybe I should take off the fenders and check the troughs/gussets...

Needless to say, there are a lot of gravel roads in Nebraska. And I would like to know the story of how that pen from a business in Clarks, NE got in the trough. Clarks is about 70 miles from me and I have only been there once, never with this car.

Edited by hitman33dp - Apr/15/2014 at 9:38pm
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 9:36pm
Which then lead to me thinking "I better find out what the interior is hiding underneath!" My 5 year old is a muscle car fanatic and is my #1 helper on this project. Here he is taking out the seat belts and then the quarter windows.
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 8:02pm
Since you stripped it out that far, you may consider installing some better heat and sound insulation. I've added a bunch to mine when I put the Vintage Air in and it's like a newer car to drive it now. Well worth it if you're going to drive it much.

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic