TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

74 AMX got keyed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2014 at 8:40pm
Looks good! Nice job. IMO that was a better way to control how much you moved it rather than a BFH.

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
hitman33dp View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2014 at 9:33pm
Degreasing, Sand blasting, wire brushing, hand sanding,painting...how many bars, brackets, and fluglebinders can there be in one front end...will it ever end! Now to find help from someone with a press to remove the old upper and lower control arm bushings so I can get those done and have new ones pressed in.
74 "NOT A REAL AMX" Javelin / 2 x 74 Javelins / 71 Javelin SST
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2014 at 3:42pm
Found these pics from when I first got the AMX in November of 1998. Since I am basically just doing tedious work on the front end parts and not much else to post.

Edited by hitman33dp - Jun/09/2014 at 12:47pm
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2014 at 4:42pm
Just got word today that the guy that was going to use his press to remove my control arm bushings then install the new ones for me does not have time to do them. Back to the drawing board.
mstrcrftr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstrcrftr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2014 at 4:46pm
i used a cut off wheel and a sawzall to get mine out.  it took a little while to not damage anything but it worked..   i used a very large and stout C clamp and a couple of large sockets to press them back in.. make sure you take pictures of each bushing so that you install it the correct way.
Peter Marano View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Marano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2014 at 7:50pm
I suggest leaving the steel bushing in place.
The connection is less than ideal and occasionally the bushings will get loose in the control arms.
Remove the rubber, polish the inside and install polyurethane bushings. 
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2014 at 1:14pm
looks like the Key person lost out again.... because the car looks so much better
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2014 at 1:31pm
My prothane bushings for my front end came yesterday! I ordered kit # 12011 for $155.97 from

http://www.aftermarketsuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=12011

I also went ahead and ordered 19901 front shock mount bushings for $5.97 from them also. The total was $161.94. As I was sorting the stuff out I realized that I do not have bushings for my coil spring seat bushings (coil spring perches). I did some research on this sight and found that guys are using prothane bushing part # ENE2048G from a Mazda 323 (nobody lists the years) from Energy Suspension, but I can't find these bushings on any of the prothane vender websites. I sent an email to After Market Suspension, where I got my other bushings. Hopefully they will know something. If anyone has any knowledge of where to get these please let me know.

Edited by hitman33dp - Jun/10/2014 at 1:38pm
dsm6678 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsm6678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2014 at 10:06pm

You could just go with stock with particular front end bushing I am sure they will last a long time.. You can get them here,

110 7503A

I understand using the prothane bushings especially for the upper control arms but for that bushing I would just go stock
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2014 at 11:03pm
D, I thought about going with the stock style rubber bushing, but they are between $50-$60 each depending on where you buy them. The polyurethane bushings are $2 each. I called Energy Suspension directly and asked them where I could find ENE2048G. They told me to call Suspension Restoration Parts Co. because they just shipped him a box of 50 of the ENE2048G bushings. I called them and they already shipped them to me! He charged me $2 per bushing plus flat rate $5.25 shipping. I went ahead and ordered 8 bushings just in case and if I am lucky and don't screw some up I will save the extras for one of the 3 other humpsters I have. The website is
www.suspension.com The phone number is 209-578-5101. And thank you to the Forum members uncljohn and 304-dude, it was their posts that guided me to this alternative to rebuild the coil spring seats like this.

Edited by hitman33dp - Jun/10/2014 at 11:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
  Share Topic