TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

#47 Javelin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #47 Javelin
    Posted: Nov/12/2023 at 8:58am
The Spirit with spare parts just to get it active again. Ran a 10.53 best.
I hope to make some headers for it and put the 4 speed back in this winter. And maybe some piston rings :)

SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2023 at 8:50am
I thought I would post a picture of my son and his girlfriend. This is the first race as an adult he has been with us. Junior in college. He's not the little boy playing ball at Mike Lukes GAD anymore.
They went with us to the AMC races this year.
BTW next year will be 10 seasons for the Javelin. I read Kankakee speedway wants to have a monthly vintage class. 

SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
n2ojoe View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote n2ojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2023 at 9:33am
Nice cars Jim, and a very cool story on the Chevy!
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2023 at 8:42am
Here are some pics from a local show I took the Javelin and my other car too earlier this year. As well as my brothers 65 GTO he bought in 76.
We took my moms 51 chevy. She bought the car in 1955. In 56 she had married my dad and had left the car for her parents to drive since they had no car. I remember growing up in the car going places with my Grandma until she passed away in 1975. Then my mom sold the car to her Niece Teresa. My mom was worried that my 2 older brothers would have destroyed the car. Teresa had the car repainted and drove it occasionally until about 1980. It sat in my Aunt and Uncles garage until a couple years ago and Teresa gave it to me.
It didnt take much to get it running luckily and we've taken it to a couple shows. She won a 2nd place trophy at one show. (2nd place forfeited to give her the trophy because of her story). Anyway here are a few pictures. 

SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2023 at 8:08am

Probably done racing the car this year. May go to Wayne County and race with the gateway guys once finally.
Found some build pics without the photobucket bs.
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2023 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

3rd is nothing to sneeze at!  Good job!!
Not really I guess. But I won the heat against the same crew. I just took too long to figure things out the first few laps.
Thumbs Up
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2023 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by n2ojoe n2ojoe wrote:

Great job Jim!
Thanks Joe! BTW does any farm guys have an official Phil Donohue rear spoiler design I can use? Big smile
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2023 at 1:34pm
3rd is nothing to sneeze at!  Good job!!
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2023 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by POS #1 POS #1 wrote:

if its a live race today Jim, i really Hope you get the checker flag to beat up on all those big money rigs all around ya!
Race was 7-8-23. It may have been on www.floracing.com/ but not sure. I think they covered the farmer city race a few weeks before.
Those particular rigs pictured are Sprint car haulers. But the guys I race against have the same semi and stacker to haul their cars. My car should have won the feature but the driver was only 3rd best.
There were guys from all over the country and Australia running with the USAC Sprints.
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2023 at 12:50pm
if its a live race today Jim, i really Hope you get the checker flag to beat up on all those big money rigs all around ya!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic