TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Yes, Another 73 Hornet hatchbach.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragdak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by pacerman pacerman wrote:

I have a correct front bumper for that car. Might have the rear too.   Cheap, but would be shipped from California.. PM me if interested. Joe

Great offer! Need to make a decision soon. Could ship Greyhound or Old Dominion.
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Eugor Eugor wrote:

05-7 should be 4dr Hornet? Gremlin would be 46-5 wouldn't it?

My bad on the code...saw the 465 in the body # and that's what sunk in!
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
Wrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 3:11pm
It's unusual to see someone go to the extent of painting the engine bay. especially when it would have been very simple to tape off an already black bay!

To me I'd guess it was someones project car that got built the way they wanted it and passed along when they didn't want or need it any longer.

I didn't notice anywhere in the thread, did you check behind the steering box to see if numbers match the dash?
Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
2019 Chrysler 300
Eugor View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eugor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by ramblinrev ramblinrev wrote:

Originally posted by Eugor Eugor wrote:

05-7 should be 4dr Hornet? Gremlin would be 46-5 wouldn't it?

My bad on the code...saw the 465 in the body # and that's what sunk in!

I get that!

The bumpers & tail panel I understand, could be late '73 production, but I'm confused/concerned by the Prestolite ignition. Wouldn't think it would be that late '73
dragdak View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragdak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 5:34pm
 Yep seems to be right. But Im pulling the box tonight. I to know it was a project. Its going black again but I wish I could fiqure out the vin thing and the vynile top thing. Were there any dealerships offering this type of option? Looks alot better than the stock normaly seen top treatment. Would be too hard to duplicate now because of the way an idiot removed the pins but could be taped off to make a 2 tone paint job.
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 6:56pm
Things are starting to make sense. A silver hatch would indicate a possible rear end collision. It's very possible that the tail panel and perhaps more were also changed from a later model. Especially since the bumpers were changed as well.

No matter, get it together as you see fit and make the best of it. Maybe you can get a "HEINZ", "MONGREL" or "MUTT73" license plate which would inspire conversation !
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
dragdak View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragdak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by george w george w wrote:

Things are starting to make sense. A silver hatch would indicate a possible rear end collision. It's very possible that the tail panel and perhaps more were also changed from a later model. Especially since the bumpers were changed as well.

No matter, get it together as you see fit and make the best of it. Maybe you can get a "HEINZ", "MONGREL" or "MUTT73" license plate which would inspire conversation !

HAHA! That would be great. Well I guess I wont restore the car then. I have a narrowed 8 3/4 and 15x10 wheels for it. I still need 29x15.5-15 tires then I can start on that mod. It has moser axles and spool with 35 spline axles and 5/8 screw in studs.
amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 8:14pm
It's your car..... enjoy it!   I love that body style.
dragdak View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragdak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by amx600rr amx600rr wrote:

It's your car..... enjoy it!   I love that body style.

Thats my advice to everyone too. Its your vision and dream. Might not be everyones but your not biulding their car. Thanks again!Thumbs Up
dragdak View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragdak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 9:42pm
 Here are a few pics of the rearend and rims.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic