TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Yes, Another 73 Hornet hatchbach.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragdak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2014 at 12:18pm
 I have also noticed that all the 74s I have seen have a flat tail panel with the hidden gas filler behind the license plate. My title matches all the numbers on my car and it states its a 73. But mine has the same body as a 74.

Also the vynile top had a trim pattern that I havent seen on another one. I have circled the trim stud locations and drew a line to conect them so you have an idea what it looked like. Im working to get the pics up.

Has anyone ran into any of this before.
Eugor View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eugor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2014 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by dragdak dragdak wrote:

I have also noticed that all the 74s I have seen have a flat tail panel with the hidden gas filler behind the license plate. My title matches all the numbers on my car and it states its a 73. But mine has the same body as a 74.

Also the vynile top had a trim pattern that I havent seen on another one. I have circled the trim stud locations and drew a line to conect them so you have an idea what it looked like. Im working to get the pics up.

Has anyone ran into any of this before.

The late '73 Hornet (and Gremlins) got the '74 style bumpers and grilles.  Filler neck moved under the license plate at the same time. Sorry, couldn't tell you exact date the change was made.
dragdak View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragdak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2014 at 12:14pm
Ok guys heres the numbers. Hope you can help. Thanks again ahead of time.
Body   89465
Model  405-7
Trim     511J
Paint    G7-BK
dragdak View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragdak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2014 at 1:35pm
 Just scored a set of wheels. 2 15x4 and 2 15x10 with a 5,5 inch offset. Tried one on the stock rear end for the heck of it. Its half an inch from the springs an 1 inch from the fender lip. If the car isnt very rare I plan on tubbing it and putting on 29x15.5-15 tires on. If not I will go the restore route.

$275.00 for wheels and $20.0 for gas.
dragdak View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragdak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2014 at 1:36pm
 Hey I just reached 30 points! Pics here we come!Thumbs Up
dragdak View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragdak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2014 at 1:40pm
Here are a few just to see if this works. The day I picked it up. Bought it from a guy who started the Northstar AMC Club.
dragdak View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragdak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2014 at 1:45pm

SCryorry guys dont know maybe need to wait.

401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2014 at 2:49pm
I would like to try and help on your paint question, but in 1973 or 1974 I can't find any reference to G7 Paint Color.  Factory Black cars all would be 1A or P1 depending on year.  The "Model" line in your door tag indicates 1974 and the body numer is a late year car.  Are you sure the door hasn't been changed???  P! Classic Black was a Special Order color and available on Hornet.....your door tag "appears to be changed, either by itself or attached to a door.

Edited by 401MATCOUPE - Feb/03/2014 at 2:55pm
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
fast401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fast401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2014 at 2:51pm
Click on reply... then click on the tree in the box above....select browse....then click on the pic you want...then open...then upload....then ok....then post.
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!   AMX 19245
Facebook page - AMC Nation
www.fast-401.4t.com
dragdak View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragdak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2014 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by 401MATCOUPE 401MATCOUPE wrote:

I would like to try and help on your paint question, but in 1973 or 1974 I can't find any reference to G7 Paint Color.  Factory Black cars all would be 1A or P1 depending on year.  The "Model" line in your door tag indicates 1974 and the body numer is a late year car.  Are you sure the door hasn't been changed???  P! Classic Black was a Special Order color and available on Hornet.....your door tag "appears to be changed, either by itself or attached to a door.

Could have been a black car it was removed from then put on mine(DOOR). The car definetly is all black from the factory.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic