TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN MAY 10, 2014 - Event Date: May/10/2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN MAY 10, 2014
    Posted: Jan/20/2014 at 9:19am
Here we are again in a brand new year and it's time to announce the EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN for 2014.  We will be holding the event this year on Saturday, May 10th in Lufkin, TX.  For those unfamiliar with this event, click one of the links below from 2012 or 2013 to take a peek at what you've missed:

Last year's event was incredible and we hope to duplicate that success again.  We'll post more details very soon.  This first posting is mainly intended just to get the word out there. 

Lufkin, TX has a population of over 35,000 and is a hub for East TX and the surrounding area, fairly centrally located between:

120 miles north on Hwy 59 of downtown Houston

85 miles south on Hwy 69 from downtown Tyler

175 miles south-east from downtown Dallas

165 miles east of downtown Waco

120 miles south-west from downtown Shreveport, LA

160 miles west of Alexandria, LA

175 miles south of Texarkana, TX/AR

300 miles north-east of San Antonio

Feel free to contact us with any questions: Reagan Ratliff: 936/225-0569 or ratliffr@centralisd.com, Tom Taylor: 713/249-2466 or tom.taylor@c-a-m.com

More details to follow.

Once owned'70 Donohue 360 :(
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
'74/'75 Wagoneer 401 project(s)
'74 Javelin 401 very late (the last?) built.
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
Gremil View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2014 at 10:12am
Sure had a great time at last year's show. Looking forward to a better show this year. Found parts at the swap meet last year that made my life much less hectic. Bought a 904-998 automatic transmission kickdown linkage that I badly needed. I also won via of the raffle a front timing cover gasket set that I was just about to have to go out and buy. How neat was that? Wink
grparen View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grparen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2014 at 12:31pm
Thanks for posting this event, Reagan. I plan to be there with my 64 American 330 2 DR Sedan.
Gary
Gary Parente
1969 S/C Rambler B Scheme
1964 American 330 2 Dr Sedan
TH_Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TH_Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2014 at 10:23am
Hmmmm.  Is this an event where I can bring my crappy looking Gremlin ??  Or is this mostly for restored and nice-looking originals ??  I don't want to stink up the party by bringing a hooptie that wrecks the average for the rest of the group.

Gremil View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2014 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by TH_Gremlin TH_Gremlin wrote:

Hmmmm.  Is this an event where I can bring my crappy looking Gremlin ??  Or is this mostly for restored and nice-looking originals ??  I don't want to stink up the party by bringing a hooptie that wrecks the average for the rest of the group.

My crappy looking Gremlin will be there with bells on. All AMCs are welcome to this show. It's about celebrating the car brand and a place where owner's can tell their tall tales of rescuing something special from the jaws of oblivion! And yes, the really nice cars we don't get to see very often will be there too!

Check out the pictures from last year's show to get an idea about what kind of cars show up. Great time to check out the vendors and swap meet for those items you can't find just anywhere. Wink
grparen View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grparen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2014 at 5:13pm
My 64 American will be there sporting the first paint job I have ever done. It will be so-so but it will be fun to show it anyway.
Gary Parente
1969 S/C Rambler B Scheme
1964 American 330 2 Dr Sedan
TH_Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TH_Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2014 at 9:22pm
Well aaaalright !  I'll see if I can't make it out there, then :)  What fun !
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2014 at 7:29am
Wife and I will be attending with our 66 American convertible. Be a nice drive from Jackson, Mississippi. See ya'll there!
Ollie
BayshoreBlues View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2014 at 10:23am
Well said Art.  I swore that had to be Marty and Willa posting that for a laugh, but apparently not.  Might be Mr. Gaus though, not sure ; ).  Sorry for the delay in responding, have been at a conference and unable to post for days.  Yes, all conditions of AMC and AMC related makes are welcome.  When we say drive it, drag it or tow it, we mean it Big smile.  If you want to bring a Gremlin (or any AMC) with a different color on every body panel, we've got open arms for you.  It's about getting these cars out, appreciated and enjoyed, no matter the condition.  If you don't encourage the folks who can't yet afford that body work and paint job (i.e. me), then how do you expect to grow and keep interest in these cars and help preserve them? 

I've had less time than last year to devote to things so far this year, but it seems word is getting out pretty well already.  I've already had 16 or 17 e-mail or verbal confirmations on attendance and that's way early on to get them for an event.  Combine that with the ones here so far and we're well underway.  Last year, I had the majority of folks contacting me within the last two to three weeks leading up to the event date, several even the day or two before.  If this year's early contact is any indicator we should have a great turn out for sure.  

As a reminder, you are welcome to attend without bringing your car if it just isn't feasible to.  A great deal of the day is for seeing old friends, making new ones and getting those all-important contacts to aid you in being able to bring your car the next time.  Also, please bring any parts you want to sell or swap.  There was a great swap/sale section last year and I know of one pick-up that showed up full and went home with only one part left in the bed.  

I hope to be working on a t-shirt design within the next few days.  I have a closet full of white show shirts, so am thinking about going with a black or grey this year.  It will increase the price most likely, as I'll need to use white as an ink color, but hopefully they'll be about the same price as last year.  Will noodle with it and let you know. 

Gary, really looking forward to seeing you and that American.  It's shaping up that we may have quite the American line-up this year.

Ollie, I'm excited to have you folks coming from Mississippi.  That's exactly what we are hoping for is that folks from all over the South will start attending, as this show is only dubbed the East TX Cruise-In so folks will know where it's located, not to indicate it's just for our region.  Shoot me an e-mail at ratliffr@centralisd.com and I'll get you on our e-mail member list for all things AMC.  Include a picture or two of that American if you will.  

Pacer, Marlin and Matador folks, we need you.  Really hoping to see some of everything attend this year and we've not had representation from these so far.

Well, back to work for me folks and keep the postings coming, keep us at the top of the forum event list for everyone to see and keep flying and driving the red, white and blue proudly.
Reagan

Once owned'70 Donohue 360 :(
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
'74/'75 Wagoneer 401 project(s)
'74 Javelin 401 very late (the last?) built.
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
Gremil View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2014 at 1:58pm
If you still have T-Shirts from last year, I'm interested. I really like the design and could use a couple more if the size is right. If they are really huge, I guess I could use some as a car cover for the Gremlin! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic