TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN MAY 10, 2014 - Event Date: May/10/2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BayshoreBlues View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN MAY 10, 2014
    Posted: May/16/2014 at 12:28pm
Peter Groenewold just updated the American Motors Club of Houston website with a photo page for the Cruise-In.  Thanks much Peter.  Check out the page here:
Once owned'70 Donohue 360 :(
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
'74/'75 Wagoneer 401 project(s)
'74 Javelin 401 very late (the last?) built.
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
Gremil View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2014 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by BayshoreBlues BayshoreBlues wrote:

Dang it Art, you're gonna force me to get a Facebook account aren't ya ; )  I've done so well avoiding it all these years and now, bam, here comes the 21st century just mowing me down.  I appreciate you getting those out there for everyone to see Art.

Anyone else that has an online album, please send the info or link it here to share.
Thanks,
Reagan

If it makes you feel better I don't have a Twitter account. I understand though, you can't do everything everyone else does or you won't have time to work on the AMC! Shocked

AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2014 at 4:04pm
Dang it Art, you're gonna force me to get a Facebook account aren't ya ; )  I've done so well avoiding it all these years and now, bam, here comes the 21st century just mowing me down.  I appreciate you getting those out there for everyone to see Art.

Anyone else that has an online album, please send the info or link it here to share.
Thanks,
Reagan
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
Gremil View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2014 at 9:06am
I've posted photos at the Facebook page I made for this event:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/amceastxcruisein/

Having some last minute health issues made me almost miss this event. But I have to say I sure enjoyed it and want to thank Reagan and his wife for putting on the best car show I've been to irregardless of manufacturer. On the 60th Anniversary of AMC this was a great show with some of the most interesting cars I've seen. Thumbs Up

AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2014 at 2:40pm
Have been gathering up some pictures to post here as I once again hardly had time to take any.  I so far have this link kindly provided by Ollie and Teresa Patterson who drove their convertible American over from Jackson, Mississippi to attend the event.  Super nice folks and a super nice car.

I want to thank everyone who attended and made this another successful year for the event.  Fully half of the vehicles in attendance were new to the event and there were some great ones.  We also had tons of great parts brought for sale or swap, but I'll post more event details a little later in the week.

For now I would really like to thank my wife Misty for all her hard work in making this event happen.  Without her, it wouldn't be possible to put the event on in the first place.  I'd also like to thank our boys and my father-in-law, Dean Pena, for their work in preparing for the show and tearing down and cleaning up afterwards.  As always, a thank you to the Hanks family for the loan of pop-ups, tables and chairs and to our local AMC families Lyman and Marsha Eppley and Marty and Willa Roberts for lunchtime and door prize donations.  Thanks also to Tim Gould and Tom Taylor for their assistance in prepping for the show.   

We did sell out of t-shirts at the event, but did take orders for some additional ones to be made up post event for those wanting them.  If you did not get an event shirt and are still wanting one and did not give me your order info at the event, please contact me by this Friday afternoon to be included in the additional printing run.  The cost will still be $15 per shirt in adult men's small through XXXL (no upcharge for the larger sizes).  We'll figure out your picking them up or mailing costs as needed.  Don't delay, contact me today ; )

More to come as I get more pictures from the event.
Thanks again everyone,
Reagan

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
Hashtag View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hashtag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2014 at 1:07pm
Could you post some pictures from the 2014 event ?
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 12:22pm
Event registration form is now available.  Please, contact me and I'll e-mail you the registration form.   We need to know how many will be attending in order to properly plan the event, so help us out and register today.  If you are unable to bring a vehicle this year, drop me a line anyway so I know you are coming, as that will help us plan out the amount of food and drinks.  My wife has announced that we will be serving brisket sandwiches, chips, drinks and desserts.  Family, friends, food and AMCs, you will not find a better deal anywhere come May 10th Wink

Reagan Ratliff: 936/225-0569 or ratliffr@centralisd.com

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 12:08pm
Just a quick update for everyone on the t-shirt design for this year.  I'm hoping these upload clearly enough.  We are switching things up and going with black shirts this year.  The prices are set to be the same as last year: Adult small through XL = $15 and XXL = $17.50.  You will pay for your event t-shirt at the meet, so no up front money is required to order.  Proceeds from the shirt sales goes directly to offsetting event expenses, so order a bunch and maybe we can even get the price per shirt lower ; ).  If you have not already responded with your shirt order, please do so ASAP, as I need to lock in our orders' sizes and quantities before the end of the week if possible. Here are the front and back designs:

Edited by BayshoreBlues - Apr/22/2014 at 12:17pm
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
Gremil View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2014 at 10:07am
This will be the year AMC enthusiasts celebrate 60 years of AMC. I think it fitting we all get together to show our cars and talk AMC. I'm also excited about seeing what parts show up for the swap meet. I never need anything, but always see something I can't live without. I'm sure the rest of you know what I mean.
Here's an article at Hemmings about the 60 years of AMC:
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/04/08/summer-celebrations-to-mark-60-years-of-amc/?refer=news
Sir Tonk View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Tonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2014 at 8:32pm
Sounds like a ton of fun, too bad I'll be in another state that weekend. If you're doing it next year, I'll be there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic