TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

motocraft carb identification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super258 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: motocraft carb identification
    Posted: Sep/19/2013 at 9:11pm
I have a motocraft carb I'm getting ready to install on my 258 I'm getting rid of the old feed back carter. Mc has a tag on it the says e37e ABA is this usable for my application.
when in doubt hit the stupid petal!
uncljohn View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uncljohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2013 at 10:22pm
Those numbers seem to come out as a 1983 to 1985 Ford Motocraft truck carburetor. No particular reason why it would not work if you get it mounted correctly and hooked up and plumbed correctly.  
70 390 5spd Donohue
74 Hornet In restoration
76 Hornet, 5.7L Mercury Marine Power
80 Fuel Injected I6 Spirit
74 232 I-6, 4bbl, 270HL Isky Cam
super258 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super258 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2013 at 1:02am
I was wondering because all the wires and vacuum lines on it. I think it might be a smog type carb? Just plug what I don't need and use what I do? Thanks for any feedback it is all appreciated.  
uncljohn View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uncljohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2013 at 2:40am
This is a model 2150 Motocraft  Ford Carburetor.  It is the same type of carburetor used by AMC on their 2bbl carbureted engines.  Now whether it is the exact carburetor or not as I type I do not know. However here is a place to get a PDF down load of a rebuild of a 2150 with adjustments.

Motorcraft 2150/2100 Carburetor Rebuild - The Ranger Station

www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/pdf.../motorcraft_2150_carb.pdf
Motorcraft 2150/2100 Carburetor Rebuild. These instructions can be used on the 2100 and the 2150.

This one gave specific information on adjustments:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&ved=0CCoQFjAAOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fww2.justanswer.com%2Fuploads%2Fheavychevy396%2F2010-07-29_152959_1984_Ford_Bronco_II_Float_specs.pdf&ei=5_U7UomaBuqwiQK35ICYDQ&usg=AFQjCNFg2_GQTm_m7bwct1hMOp7sWkwisw&sig2=1kwZAXKFY8hZB04gQHOypA

As to the other parts on the carburetor I can not tell you what they are for.  I know how the equivelent parts work on the Carter BBD 2bbl carburetor.  The main jet and its operation are dependent on the stepper motor to drive it to lean or rich and the service manual or AMC TSM has instrctions on how to center the movement before disconnecting it. I can only assume those parts on your carburetor are close to the same thing.  But I found no instructions on how to work with it.  A Chiltons or Mitchell's  service manual for a 1984 Ford  might cover the same thing. If I was determined to use that carburetor I might find it cost effective to purchase something for a 1984 Ford truck to get that information.

As the carburetor has smog related items on it, I guess I am not all that familiar with the exact use of them.

70 390 5spd Donohue
74 Hornet In restoration
76 Hornet, 5.7L Mercury Marine Power
80 Fuel Injected I6 Spirit
74 232 I-6, 4bbl, 270HL Isky Cam
super258 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super258 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2013 at 3:56am
I will try to simplify this system as best as I can and see where it goes. Heck I only spent $30 on the carb. thanks for the reply's!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic