TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New Headers from Control Freak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2017 at 7:25pm
The website doesnt give any info about availablilty. I like the specs and the fact that Hedman is making them. Looks like they are basically the same as the current hedman but with the Elite specs
401harry View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2017 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Scene One Scene One wrote:

Originally posted by 401harry 401harry wrote:

Are the long tube headers still available? 

Yes, but as I understand it they are out of stock currently. I was told there next order would be arriving in Feb. I am patiently waiting to get a set myself. They have a good web-site if you would like to check them out.

Doesnt look these are available any more at this point. Guess I will be buying a set of regular Hedmans
585eric View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 585eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2017 at 3:08pm
When i talked to al last month he said no more headers.Al also said hedman has his design to make them fit better but wont make them.I have been looking at making my own from a kit from stainlessheaders.com.
401harry View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2017 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by 585eric 585eric wrote:

When i talked to al last month he said no more headers.Al also said hedman has his design to make them fit better but wont make them.I have been looking at making my own from a kit from stainlessheaders.com.

Well that sucks...We may have reached the zenith of aftermarket AMC parts development I guess
Judo390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judo390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2017 at 1:46pm
Really too bad, I just got mine installed. High quality, perfect fit, no denting, dinging or cutting needed on my AMX.

rsrguy3 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsrguy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2020 at 1:52am
Bummer still want shorties. 
javguy
cone View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2020 at 8:17am
Originally posted by rsrguy3 rsrguy3 wrote:

Bummer still want shorties. 
I just bought a set of these and they are really nice.   https://www.jegs.com/i/Patriot-Exhaust/737/H8600-1/10002/-1
1987 J20, 87 Grand Wagoneer,70AMX,
rsrguy3 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsrguy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2020 at 8:42am
I have a 71 Jav... What did you put them in? 
javguy
cone View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2020 at 10:11am
Originally posted by rsrguy3 rsrguy3 wrote:

I have a 71 Jav... What did you put them in? 
They are going on a 70 AMX. I haven't put them on yet, the motor is still out of the car but they look exactly like the old Edelbrock ones I took off. They also feel to me like they are a better quality too.
1987 J20, 87 Grand Wagoneer,70AMX,
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2020 at 2:53pm
It's my understanding that the American Racing Headers for the small body will fit with Control Freak front suspension.   I have a set of ARH headers for my 67 American/control Freak, haven't installed yet, but it looks right.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic