TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Geezer Drags,Pacific Junction, IA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geezer Drags,Pacific Junction, IA
    Posted: Sep/02/2013 at 1:11pm
I attended these races at the Mid-America Motorplex, Aug. 24-25, 2013.
Was a fantastic Super Stocker show including a hard running Rambler.

I talked to the owner a bit and he saw my 66 convertible, he lives in St. Louis.
What's his name? He is familiar with this site.
Ollie

AMX1972 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2013 at 1:15am
I will have to ask.. He is here at Cordova, I saw the car today for sure. I normally run at PJ but we host a golf tournament that always ends up coinciding with the weekend of the Geezer nats.
1972 Javelin AMX T/A Red 360/4 speed

1968 AMX "The Pied Piper" "Cam Only" 390/727 1/8th mile bracket racer on E-85. 10.92@121.9 mph.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2013 at 9:22pm
Cool!
When I talked to him, he introduced himself as Bob. The red gasser, the car next to the Rambler, has the name Bob Mitchell. Makes since he would be at Cordova, because he told me he lived in St Louis.

I have been to the Geezers 2 years in a row now. Different Mopars both years and this year some Pontiacs. Had a blast.

The Rambler launches good.
Ollie
AMX1972 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2013 at 12:46pm
I didn't get to catch up with him yesterday, sorry.. the car sat at the end of the return road all day, I guess something happened to it..hopefully not too bad.   
1972 Javelin AMX T/A Red 360/4 speed

1968 AMX "The Pied Piper" "Cam Only" 390/727 1/8th mile bracket racer on E-85. 10.92@121.9 mph.
JavelinManJohn View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JavelinManJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2013 at 7:14pm
Think his name is Mark. :) Ok, his name is Mark and he has been touring the Midwest the past few weeks. He's a member of the Nostalgia Gassers group. (Nostalgiagassers.com) He's at our Gateway AMC meeting tonight. I should be there but got home from NAMDRA a little later than expected. Here's a recent photo of his car. He should be back on the forum tonight.

Too many projects!
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2013 at 5:32pm
Cool. Thanks for the update.
You out there Mark?
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2013 at 5:40pm
Mark, we meet at PJ, IA
This is my 66 American

chopit View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2013 at 10:01pm
Ollie

It was good talking to you up at Pacific Junction. I was up at Cordova this past weekend, it was not good I put a rod through the oil pan. That's racing.

Your 66 looks good
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 11:59pm
Sorry to here that.....missed your run BSing with Alan and Mark about there pro stock concord..... but they shut the track down and we saw you sitting at the end of the track.....did not know what happened....thanks for the update.......
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2013 at 8:57am
Mark..
Keep having fun!
Hard to have fun with a blown engine, but it all part of racing.
Hope u are up and running soon!
I am sure we will see ya again.
Ollie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic