TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1965 american 440h hardtop inport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1965 american 440h hardtop inport
    Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 6:08am

after having 2 rambler american projects go belly up . i came across this american 440h hardtop on ebay . with the pics (as seen below) & the wright up on the car . i had to take a big chance if i wanted it . as i couldnt get the time of work to go view the car & it was over 1000km  away from me .so i took the plunge & bought it . lucky for me i got to meet a couple of guys from this forum while i was working on the other ramblers i had . fortunate for me Gary a member on here was able to help me out & get it transported up & help me arrange the paper work for rego .  .   . ....
when i went to the transport depo they told me they had to create the car lol . as it was not on their list . making it the only one of its kind on the qld transport depo record . 

turns out the car was imported 3 years ago & was never put on Australian roads . it does need the once over, need to go threw the car from top to bottom making sure everything is up to scratch . i also want to give it my own personal touch . so i am looking at putting on a set of cragar wheels . i wont be going to crazy on her as i want to keep it mostly original .  the car came with new carpet so i pulled the seats out to find the floor in perfect condition .      

Midnight Rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midnight Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 6:31am
Sweet!  Look at aluminum wheels as well.  I had Cragers on mine, and I think Freecat1 has them on his wagon.  But I got my hands on a set of vintage Ansen Sprints, and I have to say the aluminum compliments the stainless trim very nicely.  

'66 American 440 Convertible 290/M-40/AMC 20 3.15/PS/PB
'04 Jeep Wrangler X Rocky Mountain Edition 4.0 5sp
fljab View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fljab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 8:20am
AMC ralley wheels look great on this too.  14" are more common than the 15" variety, but both are out there.

This is probably my favorite AMC body style; I had a '65 440.
brownspirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 10:58am
What a sharp car, congrats! Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

69’ International F210d Cummins/5+4
shootist View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 9:17pm
Wow, what a cherry ride you found there. Very nice.
DougS View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 9:24pm
Very, very nice. It appears pristine.
1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr HT; 1980 Concord DL 4 dr; 1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport.
Rambling On View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2013 at 10:42pm
i picked up a set of wire wheels cheep . i do have white walls ordered for it .  will look better with them on it

rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 2:19am
VERY NICE With those wheels they do need the whitewalls. What happened to the whitewalls that were on it? Were they no good, or two small for the wires?
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 3:00am
Originally posted by rocklandrambler rocklandrambler wrote:

VERY NICE With those wheels they do need the whitewalls. What happened to the whitewalls that were on it? Were they no good, or two small for the wires?

thanks mate . yea the white walls on the other rims would fit the wires but would be a little narrow , plus i would like to keep the original rims & tyres with caps . should i ever decide to put the originals back on . 
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2013 at 5:52am

got the car back from head office workshop today . it has been there for the past week getting the exhaust done . went to pick it up & boss goes enjoy no charge .  the car is still fairly quiet no extractors as yet . just split into 2 at engine pipe . but in the proccess of getting some extractors .

i think i may need to get under the car & give it a clean up .  

i think it is a bit dirty . dont like the fact that the boys painted the pipes . 

Edited by Rambling On - Jul/11/2013 at 5:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic