TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1965 american 440h hardtop inport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2013 at 4:35am
Originally posted by rocklandrambler rocklandrambler wrote:

HEY NOW !!! I'm beginning to think you've got a secret camera in my garage somewhere.      I put 6" speakers in the same place about two years ago. Did you remember to put some sort of insulation in there to prevent the speakers from getting shorted out if you ever get caught driving in the rain??

i put a set in an old chevy a week ago thats were i got the idea from .  but if you have a camera that works Wink . a few close up pics of a few tricky bits you have done on your rambler would be cool . 

in the second pic there is contact cement around the speaker . i glued vinyl inside the vent with a layer of foam to stiffen up the vinyl to stop the vinyl from vibrating & flapping around on the back of the speaker . not sure on were head unit is going yet or what i am going to do with rear speakers yet cant fit speakers on the rear parcel tray in pods .

Garry  
1965 Rambler American 440h coup LHD
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2013 at 10:42am
That does look neat. Thing is in my car (70 Javelin) I would not want to block the vents as I dont have A/C and need all the air flow I can get with a bark blue car in the summer.

I have not looked in to it much as I am far from a radio but will look at under the front seats. I have also seen small speakers from think Custom Auto Sound in pods that I think can fit under the dash pointing down & to the cabin.
Or I have been thinking of doing custom door panels where the botom part sticks out to have a ridged map/CD pockets and fit a speaker with out needing to cut into the main door frame. Kind of like on my 02 Durango where it has the pockets / door speakers. They are also 2 parts, top & bottom and thinking of picking up a bottom used set to work with.

Tweeters need to be a ear level pointing to people so been thinking of making custom A pillers covers with a tweeter in it. May be using A piller gauge pod as the cup?

For me rear speakes will go on the shelf but the 10" bass will be in a box in the trunk just behind the rear seat pointed forward with the amp just under it.
Maybe you can do the same with the rear speakers, behind the seat pointed forward? Yes in will be muffled so you crank it up more and balance it out F/R.

As for radio I have a lot of room and have 4 different ones to pick from. 1 of them I just bought used is secret radio with wireless remote & 10 CD changer. The radio & changer can be mounted in the trunk by the amp and use the long wire or wireless remotes to work it.

After everything is mounted in the trunk I can make a covered header board to hide/finish off the back side of the trunk. Just have to remember the amp and radio if back there need air flow to keep cool.

Guess I have though about it some Confused what has helped some is I picked up some books on custom auto sound systems so I know a little of how the whole system should work for when I do mine.
Dave ----

edit: Going thru my links I forgot about RetroSound http://www.retrosoundusa.com/ 

Here are the speaker pods I talked about but looks like they are part of a system http://www.casmfg.com/The%20System.htm

Edited by FuzzFace2 - Aug/11/2013 at 12:10pm
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
Rambling On View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2013 at 12:59am
took the rambler to her maiden car show today . 320 cars enterd . i took home best independant at the show .

rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2013 at 2:03am
Congrats on the win BUT tell me that's not a FORD shirt you've got on? Shame on you
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2013 at 3:24am
Originally posted by rocklandrambler rocklandrambler wrote:

Congrats on the win BUT tell me that's not a FORD shirt you've got on? Shame on you

pmsl yep it is .i am finding it hard to find a good amc shirt . 
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2013 at 7:47am

All good ideas getting thrown around here.
I also have a 10" sub in a bandpass enclosure of my design in the boot. It has a XLR connector on the box so it can be easily taken out if boot space is required. I built a custom parcel shelf also to accommodate some 6x9's. It wasn't a hard decision since the previous owner had already cut a hole in the dash for a single DIN unit. The other '64 will stay stock with the radio delete plate.
colincs View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colincs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2013 at 2:06pm
Nice find and the American Racing wheels look much better than the wire wheels.  What's next after the sound system?  Also, where are you looking for AMC shirts?
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 3:56am
Originally posted by colincs colincs wrote:

Nice find and the American Racing wheels look much better than the wire wheels.  What's next after the sound system?  Also, where are you looking for AMC shirts?

i have got a few things in the pipeline . i have got new number plates on their way . AMC440.  also bought a mooneyes steering wheel to put on , but i want to polish the boss kit b4 i put it on . 
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2013 at 4:24am
i splashed out on the old girl this last week . bough new door rubbers & top window rubbers . also found new scuff plates on ebay so i  placed an offer  it was accepted . by the time i payed postage the price bit me in the rump.Cry but i still coughed up the money . new chrome rocker cover on its way also , with a set studs & chrome nuts for the cover .   the joys of collecting up all the goodies b4 a new paint job .

i have fitted 6x9 speakers in the back . just got to pull the front seat out now to fit the head unit under it. .   
rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2013 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Rambling On Rambling On wrote:

Originally posted by colincs colincs wrote:

i have got a few things in the pipeline . i have got new number plates on their way . AMC440.  also bought a mooneyes steering wheel to put on , but i want to polish the boss kit b4 i put it on . 

If you manage to install that MoonEyes steering wheel I'd LOVE to know how you did it since no one lists an install kit for any AMC prior to 1967. Did you say repaint? Why? That paint and color looks great to me.
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic