TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1st annual Australian AMC/Rambler show Albury 2014
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1st annual Australian AMC/Rambler show Albury 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2014 at 4:17pm
You will have to represent the 69's next year mate, as you noted earlier, more red Javelins are needed. Definitely a good variety of cars, certainly hope this gets bigger and better in comming years, would be nice to make the trip over from the west coast one day.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2014 at 4:39pm
Wish I could take my 66 American on the road trip of his life. Get longest distance award !!!
Having fun, Ollie
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2014 at 6:49pm
Don't want to nit pick but my car is actually a '64 with '63 trim and tail lights. I was sure that Colin took photos of the door tag also. I have the original documentation of the car which was originally owned by my great grandfathers next door neighbour in Glenloth Victoria.
OzJavelin2 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OzJavelin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2014 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

You will have to represent the 69's next year mate, as you noted earlier, more red Javelins are needed. Definitely a good variety of cars, certainly hope this gets bigger and better in comming years, would be nice to make the trip over from the west coast one day.

Yeah .. I *should* have shown up .. you needed a '69 and a '74 Javelin!
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2014 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by PartyOn PartyOn wrote:

Hey all

Thanks for the invite for me and the Pacer! Enjoyed meeting everyone, having interesting conversations, seeing all the cars and getting some ideas! Now back to the real world! Cry

Thanks again.
Lyndon.
Hi Lyndon.
Thanks for bringing your cool little Pacer up to the show mate. It added a little extra something to the variety of AMC's we had on hand to show off to the large crowd on the sunday Tongue. The littler cars always attract a lot of smiles Big smile I reckon, especially when they realised it was the same car as shown in Wayne's World. Glad you had a good time and hope we meet up again and chat some more about your car and AMC's in general Smile

To everyone I hope I wasn't too rude over the weekend as I often had to leave conversations in mid air as I was sorting this and that out on the day. I think I got around to talking to most people but often the conversation got cut short. We shall try to pick them convesations back up next time. It really was great meeting you all Tongue    

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/17/2014 at 11:47pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2014 at 11:58pm
[QUOTE=amxdreamer]Thanks for posting the pictures. Are most of the cars RHD?[/QUOTE]

Hi mate. Other then the Concorde, Pacer and Gremlin they are all RHD. All the Javelins, Hornets, Matador, Rebel etc were all made in Australia by AMI (Australian Motor Industries) in Melbourne. Some of the cars have some very interesting histories. Raffs 68 Javelin was recued out of a paddock for the price of a tow and you should see how nice it looks now in the metal!! Smile. The 70 Ambassodor hardtop was bought new as RHD in the US and driven there for a year or so before being brought into Australia etc etc.

Actually if any of the owners of the cars in the 1st Australian AMC/Rambler show roll call would like to add a post to this thread with a little history of their car that would be great for those looking at this thread. IE any previous history, how you came to own it, or other interesting facts ie, the 63 wagon still has the all alloy block 6cylinder, the silver Classic hardtop was built RHD in Canada etc etc. I will put a little history up on my poor old Hornet very soon Smile 
spottydog360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spottydog360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2014 at 4:33am
speaking of rude,we didnt manage to catch you at all Jason,rocked in late sat and spent most of sunday catching up with people we hadnt seen in years as we've missed a few .Good Show well done,def at the next one with a javelin.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2014 at 4:27am
Originally posted by spottydog360 spottydog360 wrote:

speaking of rude,we didnt manage to catch you at all Jason,rocked in late sat and spent most of sunday catching up with people we hadnt seen in years as we've missed a few .Good Show well done,def at the next one with a javelin.
How rude am I!!!! LOL From an organisational perspective the weekend was a bit of a blurr but I loved every single minute of it. I had a ladder there to get up high to take some cool pics but do you think I got around to itLOL .Next year I do want to stop and smell the roses (or Ramblers) a bit more and chat more with everyone. Now that I know how it all works I reckon that should be possible.

PS I am still getting goosebumps thinking about that Gremlin on the Dyno Tongue he is going to have it at the Sydney Powercruise at Eastern Creek on the 29th/30th March if anyone is interested in seeing this little angry monster cut loose around the Eastern creek race track. Maybe I did accidently put water on it, or feed it after midnight when it was in my shed the other night, which got it so angry LOL 

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/20/2014 at 4:36am
spottydog360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spottydog360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2014 at 1:03am
Didnt see it on the dyno, how many hp?
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2014 at 5:29am
502 HP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
  Share Topic