TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Australian motorsport AMC's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2014 at 9:20pm
Hi everyone
I was forwarded Ben Ludlow's phone number the today. I am going to give him a ring in the not too distant future. If you have any questions you would like me to ask him about his shop, speedway cars, the 30 or so 290ci V8 Hornet conversions etc etc please put questions up here or PM me and I will ask him. Will be VERY interesting having a chat with Ben as he has a rich history with the AMC/Ramblers Smile 
huddy1955 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2014 at 3:10am
Good stuff mate.
1955 Hudson Hornet Custom
1963 Rambler Classic 660 wagon
1969 AMX 343 auto NO# 09 of 24
1973 Rambler Matador Wagon 360
1985 Jeep J20 pick up 360
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
plenty of parts cars
spottydog360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spottydog360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 9:46pm
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spottydog360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 9:54pm
the previous pic is our 69 aussie jav that a previous owner was setting up to go racing in some form or another,the front has been heavily modified as you can see in the pic.We purchased the car from the next owner,and have no idea how the front end was intended to be set up,the non javelin kframe has been welded in and a seventy model shock towers grafted in,I cant set the front end up right with stock control arms.Hoping someone might know of the cars history prior to our purchasing it  about 15 years ago,it was originaly mustard with a coat of red over the top.dont have ID tag but door tag reads  6979-5k.
Car was last on the road in 85,interior fire was I think what put it off the road originally,one of the previous owners collected some 70 parts that came with it,including a white interior.Love to know if anyone remembers this car
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spottydog360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 9:58pm
quarter panel troughs removed and vent plenums,lots of work done here.
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spottydog360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 10:18pm
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spottydog360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 10:37pm
The car as we found it in the Shed(not barn)
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2014 at 6:34am
Originally posted by spottydog360 spottydog360 wrote:

It's amazing how some of these cars ended up considering how expensive they were new. Raf's red 68 Javelin that was at the 1st annual Australian AMC/Rambler show last month was rescued out of a paddock for $90 back in 2000 and restored beautifully to what it is now. There is a story of Raf's Javelin in the latest Australian Classic Car magazine (issue 246 with a Capri on the front). Hope you find some info on the history of your car. Someone out there will know something about it.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2015 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by spottydog360 spottydog360 wrote:

Hi mate. Did you end up finding out any history about your Javelin? If not you can send the guys at the Australian Muscle Car magazine a photo and some info and they would put it in the section called "Muscle Assist" where they help people track down their old cars or info on cars they own now. Would be worth a try but make sure you mention it is an Aussie Javelin and they would put it in the magazine for sure as they are really interested in our cars at the moment. They can be contacted on amceditorial@chevron.com.au and let Luke know Jason steered you that way. Would definatly be worth a try.

Also for those interested the racetrack I mentioned that was going to be a part of the 2nd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show (at the Chryslers on the Murray) has been officially booked for the friday in March this year. It has been a long process and was up in the air for awhile and was only booked the other day so thats why there hasn't been any mention of it in the programme/entry forms etc until now. It is a CAMS approved track, just under 2km long I think?, and will available on the friday 13th March for anyone wanting to test their AMC/Rambler out in anger. You do need to book as places on the day are limited and enquiries can be made info@chryslersonthemurray.com  . Anyone is welcome to be a spectator and it is only 10 minutes on the Melbourne side of  Albury/Wodonga. You don't need a fast angry car at all to have a fun squirt around the track in your AMC/Rambler. You just need a sense of ADVENTURE Tongue see you there

Edited by 70Hornet - Jan/14/2015 at 7:56pm
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 6:40am
Some pictured doing the rounds show that the new Jim Richards Javelin is just about ready to hit the track, but before we get to that, here is a little background on the car:

By the way, Craig also imported my 71 AMX and at least a couple of others.

Here are a couple of pictures of Jim's car during the build:

A few bits like the cage were salvaged from the old car:

And finally the finished product, looks absolutely fantastic and I think set to make it's debut at the Clipsal 500, from Feb 26th to March 1st this year:

Edited by WesternRed - Jul/14/2017 at 6:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic