TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

OZ AMX REGISTRY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2014 at 1:22am
Hi everyone
Only just over a week to go until the 1st annual Australian AMC/Rambler show in Albury/Wodonga 16th march which looks to easily be the largest AMC gathering ever in Australia Smile but interestingly out of all the cars I have heard that are coming to the show I havn't heard of any AMX's yet. I thought I would advertise in this thread to see if we can get one, or more, of these little beauties to come along. So if you, or some-one you know, has an AMX we would love to see you at the show on the 16th March. If your AMX is unregistered the show accepts the relevant road authority's temporary weekend rego permits to enter the show if you want to do it this way. 10,000 plus spectators roll through the gates each year and I reckon a good percentage would love to see an AMX in the metal. Tongue

Also on the other end of the scale I would love to track down a Nash Metropolitan if someone out there has one that they would like to enter into the show Smile

See you at the show Tongue
huddy1955 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2014 at 3:13am
No worries, I will bring my AMX down with me, one problem, it is 1:18 scaled down version....lol.
Maybe someone down south can bring one along.

1955 Hudson Hornet Custom
1963 Rambler Classic 660 wagon
1969 AMX 343 auto NO# 09 of 24
1973 Rambler Matador Wagon 360
1985 Jeep J20 pick up 360
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
plenty of parts cars
ozziamc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozziamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2014 at 7:48pm
Car 2 has left our shores and has headed to new zealand. Anyone know where ? The seller was a little reserved about giving out any info. Just want to update my files.
74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2014 at 5:44am
Hi everyone. The latest issue of Australian Muscle car magazine (issue77) with the article on the Australian AMX's asks for any photo's of the Australian 24. If you have any photo's or know some-one with one of the AMX's pop through a photo to amceditorial@chevron.com.au and some info on the car as they would like to print these in the next issue. This magazine has a very large readership so it would be great to these little pocket muscle cars in print in this magazine Smile 
Feel free to put copy/paste this message on facebook as well if you have access to it.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2015 at 5:36am

Hi everyone. Couple of months to go until Australia's largest AMC/Rambler show so make sure you get the word out to any AMX owners to bring their car (in ANY condition) to the 2nd annual AMC/Rambler show in March. We possibly have 3 coming but would be great to at least double that. Feel free to contact me if you need any information. A few of these amazing little monsters would be great to see lined up at the show.

See you there Tongue
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 10:16am
Just to keep this going a bit along has anyone got any updates on # 18 AMX over in the states? Haven't heard anything on it for awhile
Mad max # 15
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2015 at 5:31am
Some info that was sent to me about the US AMI AMX is below. I am not sure if I can say the guys name so will just leave it at that until I know. The guy who sent this to the guy who sent it to me has the Pink Playboy AMX in the states and is restoring it
"" There was one of the AMI AMXs reimported back to the USA, a red car.
Ray Sprague helped export the car back to the USA. It's hidding in the
back of a garage some where in Southern California after being involved
in a bad drug deal and a divorce here. It's been hidden for some like 25
years now , and no is sure where exactly it is. Some day it will turn up
again. Real Soap opera that one""

Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2015 at 1:24pm
Thanks for that Jason, boy does this have a great story behind it's travels . Would love to see the car or even see if it's for sale the next time up there July,August.But by this story it's better to just leave it be . What an amazing story    
Mad max # 15
roguedoug View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roguedoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2015 at 1:28pm
Hope you Blokes will post Show Pic's as soon as your able!
67 Rogue Convertible 232 2bl Auto
Royal Blue 33A "ROSEBUD"
67 440 American 232 4D
08-72A "CLAUDIA"
AMO 10493
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2015 at 4:40am
Finally picked up the recent edition of "Unique cars" issue 371 January 15, 2015 with a feature article on ozziamc's #3 Australian AMX. Great article and really shows how much interest people are starting to gain in Australia regarding AMC/Ramblers. Good one ozziamc and a great looking car. Andrew is possibly coming over for the 2nd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show for a look but at this stage is unable to bring the car. Anyone that knows him stir him up to bring it over as we would all love to see his AMX in person. Tongue c'mon Andrew for the fans Wink. Great article mate. See you at the show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
  Share Topic