TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1970 AMX SCCA B PRODUCTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 62>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2017 at 8:08pm
Ouch , hope you heal up/recover quickly! Just went through all 30 pages. Great job on your car. Love it! Thumbs Up
JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2017 at 8:27pm
THANKS BRAD.   IT'S BEEN WAY TOO LONG   THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY NOW, I HOPE TO HAVE IT FINISHED BY THE END OF THE SUMMER.
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

SPEED COSTS MONEY HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?
RC70AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2017 at 9:35pm
Hope you are feeling better and recovering well.....
JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2017 at 4:06pm
JUST GETTING BACK ON MY FEET
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2017 at 8:44pm
WELL I AM BACK ON THE CAR AND I DECIDED THAT I DO NOT LIKE THE DIRECTION THAT THE WIRING HAS GONE SO I AM LOOKING FOR A STOCK WIRING HARNESS THAT I CAN MODIFY TO FIT THE NEEDS OF THIS PROJECT. TAKING A STEP BACK AND GOING TO SWAP OUT THE BRAND NEW AUTOMETER ELECTRIC SPEEDOMETER FOR A GPS UNIT. THIS CUTS OUT THE NEED FOR THE STUPID CABLE AND TRANSDUCER AND ECT... I WANT THE WIRING TO BE SIMPLE. NOT SURE IF I CAN SNEAK THE SPEEDO OUT OF THE DASH WITH THE TRANSVERSE ROLL CAGE BAR. ALSO GOING TO PULL THE COLUMN TO MAKE THE WIRING JOB EASIER. THE MISTAKE I MADE WAS ASSEMBLING THE DASH WITHOUT MAKING THE HARNESS, I FOUND THAT LAYING ON MY BACK UNDER THE DASH IS A FOOLISH WAY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS SO OUT COMES THE DASH. OF COURSE I INSTALLED IT WITH THE GLASS OUT SO OUT COMES THE WINDSHIELD. THEHARNESS WILL BE DESIGNED TO PLUG IN AND UNPLUG. THE COMPLETELY STUPID TERMINAL STRIPS ARE GOING IN THE GARBAGE.
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2017 at 10:57pm

What a great project!  As an ex-SCCA racer myself, I love to see old race cars get restored, especially AMCs.  I raced open wheel and used to feel sorry for the guys who raced production cars. When I took a hit I could usually just throw a new fiberglass nose or winglet or maybe a tie rod end at it, whereas for the production car guys a crash could be a big job.

In any case, it's a cool piece of history, and kudos to you for doing it right!

'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2017 at 7:58am
GOOD NEWS!

I FPOUND OUT THAT I CAN KEEP MY CURRENT AUTO METER ELECTRIC SPEEDO AND BUY THE GPS MODULE AND I'M DONE WITH THAT PART. I ALSO MIGHT HAVE ENOUGH ACCESS IF I REMOVE THE COLUMN AND THE CRASH PAD.. SAVES TAKING THE ENTIRE DASH AND WINDSHIELD OUT AGAIN.
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2017 at 3:00pm
I'm so glad to see you're back to working on the AMX, keep going!

69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2017 at 9:14pm
OK SO I GOT TO WORK ON THE CAR TODAY. I HAD SOME TROUBLE GETTING IT RUNNING WITH THE MSD SYSTEM AND IT WAS GETTING A BIT FRUSTRATING SO I DROPPED IN AN HEI CONVERSION DISTRIBUTOR AND I FIRED UP FINE.

MY NEW ISSUE IS WITH THE 390 CFM CARBS. FRANKLY A BAD CHOICE SO I WILL BE REPLACING THEM WITH A NEW SET OF HOLLEY 600 DOUBLE PUMPERS.

ALSO FOUND OUT THE ONE OF THE OIL LINES IS LEAKING. ITS THE ONE THAT COMES OUT OF THE PAN FROM THE PICKUP TO THE INLET SIDE OF THE PUMP. IT'S A AN BULKHEAD FITTING-12 I THINK. WHEN I WAS ASSEMBLING THE LINE THROUGH THE STEEL PAN I REMEMBER QUESTIONING IF THE SMALL NYLON GASKET WAS ENOUGH. IT'S NOT. CAR LEAKS ABOUT A 12 INCH PUDDLE AFTER A WEEK OR SO. THE PAN HAS TO COME DOWN AND TODAY I STARTED BY REMOVING THE CROSSMEMBER. I HOPE I CAN SNEAK THE PAN PAST THE HEADERS. IT'S A BIG WIDE PAN. PICTURES TOMORROW. OH AND MY TRICK Z-28 STEERING BOX DRIPS AS WELL. GONNA dungCAN IT FOR AN AGR BOX AS WELL.
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2017 at 6:49am
I sold a Donohue that was raced from day one    kind of wish I would have saved it to do the same thing Fix it and drive it
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 62>
  Share Topic