TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > In Memoriam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mike Semeraro of AMXMGS passed away on 7-5-12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue68AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mike Semeraro of AMXMGS passed away on 7-5-12
    Posted: Jul/09/2012 at 9:55pm
Many of you may not know Mike, but a lot of you have parts his company reproduced on your cars. All of the big dealers carried his parts such as clutch linkage, exhaust hangers, and many other parts no one else would make. He was a big AMC fan withAMX's, Rambler Scrambler, and even a Nash Metro. Wake will be Wednesday evening in Oakville, CT.
He will be missed by his friends and the AMC community.
Cry
70amxvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amxvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2012 at 10:00pm
I bought just a small amount of parts but the guy was a SUPER NICE person on the phone . Sad day Dead
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2012 at 5:12pm
I was sorry to hear of Mike's passing. I met him at several AMC meets over the years. Always super to deal with. LRDaum

< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">
LRDaum
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2012 at 5:23pm
WOW!          bummer
they call me Capt RETIRED!
Zioamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zioamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2012 at 9:48pm
WOW just got a trans yoke from him ...My condolences go out to his family
      .....1969 Sc/Rambler....
ScrambledEgg View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScrambledEgg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2012 at 12:30pm
Very sad news . Mike was a great guy. He would talk forever about anything you had on your mind. He was a great resouce and very knowledgeable and friendly. His parts were (are) all top shelf and very reasonable in price.
ScrambledEgg
GremlinXman View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GremlinXman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 7:57pm
He will be sorely Missed. He was one of the best.
 Ryan I am very sorry to hear of his Passing. God bless you and your family in this difficult time.
 Sincerely,
 Davis Martin
72 Gremlin X was 360 Auto ran 12.6 @ 107 now 406 CI Auto 11.035 @ 121
ScrambledEgg View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScrambledEgg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 8:04pm
Yes, very sad for sure. I found his obit and it indicated he passed unexpectedly. 

This is a huge loss for the AMC community and obviously and more importantly for his family. 

Prayers go out to his family in this time of need.
ScrambledEgg
imacarfan2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imacarfan2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 8:46am
I didn't find out until I was at the AMO Nationals. I was wondering where he was, then someone came by and told us. To say I was shocked is an understatement. So sad. 

My condolences to his family.
67 Ambo conv
68 AMX
68 Ambo 4 door
70 Ambo 4 door
(2) 71 Hornets (1 SC/360)
73 Hornet 2 door
77 Matador coupe
77 Sportabout
78 Concord 2 door
81 Concord wagon
74Bubblefender View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Bubblefender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 9:04am
Very very sorry for your loss!! When things clear up a bit I hope you take the torch from your Dad and continue to make those parts.
We are just about to forge new AMC V8 crankshafts.. please check here
http://www.bulltear.com/forums/showthread.php?19564
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic