TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Kenosha Homecoming 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 67>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 9:18am
This might be hard to organize but it would be really cool if those forum members that live in the Kenosha area team up and work out a plan so all the forum members that want to park together on the show field can do that.   We could have an area just for forum member parking.   There is no classes or specific spots for certain cars but there is LOTS of space!!   I envision a large space flagged off with some forum signs and a few members on the ground to direct people.....

Chuck Page 
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 9:41am
I think it was the first year of the Kenosha Homecoming that all the major clubs were talked into having at least a regional at the event, and at least two (AMO and AMCRC, I think) had their National in conjunction with the Homecoming. The organizers let the clubs section off areas of the field and there was a "non club related" section. The only problem this caused was that some people were members of more than one club and had to choose which to display with, or to go to the non-club area. Haven't done anything like that since, but contact the Kenosha History Center and they should put you in touch with the main organizers. I don't think they would have a problem with any of the clubs (or the Forum) sectioning off an area.

I might have to miss this one too, didn't make the last one! Carolina AMC is hosting the AMO National in 2014 and I'm part of the organizing team. It will be a couple weeks after the Kenosha show, but don't think I can afford both shows -- will have to stay 3-4 nights in Charleston, SC, for the 2014 AMO National.

Edited by farna - Sep/28/2012 at 9:43am
Frank Swygert
whizkidder View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizkidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 9:59am
We have 7,564 Forum Members

I'm thinking the whole field should be the AMC Forum section!!
Ron Frost
marne1ancient @ gmail.com
910 nine two two 0563

"There is no limit to what a man can do, so long as he does not care a straw who gets credit for it. Charles Montague
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 10:25am
THAT might be a problem! Of course if you can get them all to attend, I think some kind of arrangement can be made....
Frank Swygert
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 10:30am
Will start another topic later -- we need to arrange some kind of AMC meet in the Aiken SC/Augusta GA area, I think. Might be enough of us in the area -- maybe a simple cruise-in. 
Frank Swygert
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 2:09pm
Kenosha 2014 web site update:

2014 Kenosha Homecoming Car Show

Tuesday July 22nd through Saturday July 26, 2014
$Free
Plan to join the Kenosha History Center for five fun-filled days celebrating the history of auto making in Kenosha in 2014. This is the big car show, where we are expecting over 500 cars (Jeffery, Nash, AMC, Jeep & Renault) and car afficionados from all over the world. Drive-in car shows are expected to start the week out beginning on Tuesday July 22nd, a grand parade and the car show in Kennedy Park and ending with the "big" car show on Saturday July 26th in Kennedy Park. Kennedy Park will feature food and refreshments with the car show and vendors.

Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 3:07am
Hmm I have to remember this event when planing my 2014 Holiday in the States. 
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 6:50pm
31-37 hours each way...probably 45-50 hours towing....ouch!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

31-37 hours each way...probably 45-50 hours towing....ouch!
Well worth it.  Work some of the National Parks into the trip and break it up.  Come across I-90 stop and see Mount Rushmore, Badlands National park, Yellowstone.

Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 11:12pm
we were there in 2002 for our first trip to Kenosha....did not have a car there but we really did have a great time and met lots of people.....
Was at the history center for the dedication.....looking forward to going back hopefully with a car.....
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 67>
  Share Topic