TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Playmate AMX restoration begins..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
huddy1955 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2012 at 6:39am
Originally posted by 69BBB3904spAMX 69BBB3904spAMX wrote:

I've got that Playboy issue signed by her back when......

she was.......
1955 Hudson Hornet Custom
1963 Rambler Classic 660 wagon
1969 AMX 343 auto NO# 09 of 24
1973 Rambler Matador Wagon 360
1985 Jeep J20 pick up 360
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
plenty of parts cars
bigbad69 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2012 at 7:38am
Originally posted by huddy1955 huddy1955 wrote:

Originally posted by 69BBB3904spAMX 69BBB3904spAMX wrote:

I've got that Playboy issue signed by her back when......

she was.......
...not in jail.
69 Javelin SST BBO 390 T10
rockAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2012 at 8:45am
Just curious what the paint code is on a pink AMX? Also how many miles are on it? I am surprised she kept the car so long. Usually celebrities let these things go pretty fast so she must have either liked the car a lot or needed it for transportation desperately.
DWR
1968 AMX

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2012 at 10:18am
Originally posted by rockAMX rockAMX wrote:

Just curious what the paint code is on a pink AMX? Also how many miles are on it? I am surprised she kept the car so long. Usually celebrities let these things go pretty fast so she must have either liked the car a lot or needed it for transportation desperately.
Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong but as I remember custom factory colors carried a "X" paint code.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2012 at 11:27am
Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

Originally posted by rockAMX rockAMX wrote:

Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong but as I remember custom factory colors carried a "X" paint code.

Ken, Playmate Pink or any other non-standard color used a "00" paint code.

1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
will333 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2012 at 1:56pm
Yeah, but as I recall, and the current owner I'm sure will confirm, the car was hit years ago and the original door was swapped out and the tag was discarded with the door. So I'm guessing we'll never know with this specific car.
1968 AMX 390 Automatic
Turbo Silver outside,
red on the inside
"The Orbiter"

A Scott Campbell restoration
UNFORD View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UNFORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2012 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by will333 will333 wrote:

Yeah, but as I recall, and the current owner I'm sure will confirm, the car was hit years ago and the original door was swapped out and the tag was discarded with the door. So I'm guessing we'll never know with this specific car.

True, true! Both doors of the pink AMX are blue. I will do my research and and duplicate the tag as best as possible. The code is "00" for a custom paint scheme.

Just got back from the AMCRC Nat. Show in Reno, NV. Long hot drive home down 395 behind the Sierra Nevada mountains. We will be back at work on the car next weekend..
Mark Melvin
AMO #8858
socalamx.net
playmateamx.com

Zioamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zioamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2012 at 4:22pm
      .....1969 Sc/Rambler....
bigbadgreen View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2012 at 6:55pm
Paint it big bad orange...to match the new suit.lol...amx weathered the storm a little better, just a guess.great project.keep up the good work!
UNFORD View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UNFORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 10:58pm

Interesting, someone alerted me that a pink AMX is being auctioned off tomorrow morning at the Barrett Jackson auction in Las Vegas. The car is being heavily referenced to the Playmate AMX, so much so that one might think they're the same car. 

A lot of Playmate AMX info being referenced to this car at Barret Jackson.

Since when did the Playmate AMX have stripes?

Here's the real Playmate AMX today, on the rotisserie we just built for it..

Mark Melvin
AMO #8858
socalamx.net
playmateamx.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic