TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Headers for Ambo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73ambcoupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headers for Ambo
    Posted: May/30/2012 at 5:00pm
I was looking online to purchase some headers and I am not having any luck.

Ambassador Coupe

I looked at Jegs, Summit, eBay and a few others with nothing listed.  I know the Matador is similar, but the front clip is shorter and I don't know if the steering box etc would be in the way.

Does anyone know what will fit this application?

Thanks in advance.
73ambcoupe View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73ambcoupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2012 at 7:42pm
Anyone?

Crickets!

Has nobody ever put a set of headers on an Ambassador?

It looks like the Headman 500-98310 fits a wide variety, but of course the Ambassador is not mentioned when you search them.
kellysguy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellysguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2012 at 10:00pm
chirp-chirp, chirp-chirp...
69 ambassador 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 ambassador 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2012 at 10:34pm
I used the Headmans for the Matador on my 69.  They were the best fitting set of headers I've evr used.  Didn't even have to ding a tube.  That is a 1969 trunnion car. They should fit fine on yours but I can't guarantee it.  You have ball joints upper and lower.  Also a different trans.  If they fit a Matador, they should fit yours.
Steve Brown

Algonac, Mi.

69 Ambassador sst 390

84 Grand Wagoneer

69 Cougar XR7

65 Fairlaine 500XL

79 F-350 Super Camper Special

73ambcoupe View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73ambcoupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2012 at 3:59pm
Thanks Steve.

I will give them a shot and report back to all the other guys out there putting headers on AmboatsLOL.
denverslim View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denverslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 6:44pm
Where we at with this?  Any luck?  Somebody out there has to be making something that will work...slim
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 6:54pm
Dougs lists there #D109 for 66-69 Ambo's. I don't know Ambo's that well so I'm not sure how different a 73 would be. Confused
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denverslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 9:02pm
I found the link to Dougs catalog.  Thanks for the tip.  I will try to find out if these will fit my '65.  Anybody know?   Also how about some opinions on this upgrade.  Although they are not cheap, by any means, do the AMC gurus think they are worth the bang for the buck?  Sound and performance...slim

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DOU-D109/ - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DOU-D109/

Edited by denverslim - Jul/13/2012 at 9:15pm
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 9:26pm
They won't fit the early 57-66 V8, you have to custom build headers for those vehicles.
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denverslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2012 at 5:31pm
Looks like Lucas is right.  Total number of headers available for my 65 seems to be  ZERO.
I'll keep looking...slim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic