TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AZ road racer project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2017 at 9:32am
Here is a better picture of the arms.Hosted on Fotki
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2017 at 11:09am
great thread so far cant wait to see more
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
DAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2017 at 2:25pm
Great thread! It's good seeing an AMC on track: ) Looks like you are having fun which is the most important thing. Keep the updates coming.

Regards

Don
Coloradoamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2018 at 3:28pm
Sorry Javelin74...I didn't mean to steal your thread.

Wayne
Javelin74 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2018 at 3:35pm
No need to apologize to me.  Your builds are top notch!  I appreciate the input and I'm sure it'll help someone else down the road.  Quick question though:  What's the size of that rear lowering block you're running?  I think I'm running a 1.5" block, but yours certainly looks closer to 2.5" if not 3"
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2018 at 6:53pm
I'll have to measure it...I don't remember for sure.  I think it's 3".  I did modify the top of the block to fit the shape of the pad exactly.  The pads weren't perfectly flat, they had a little arch to them, so I matched the block so there would be no movement.  
Javelin74 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2018 at 12:12am
Well, things went unexpectedly wrong at yesterday's track day as I finally had a chance to get the car back out on the track with a proper fuel cell, full length headers, a new MSD box (the old Jacob's Pro Street was gagging and leaving me dead at 4500-5000 rpm), and a pair of Nitto NT05's on the front instead of the banana peel Sumitomo's I had initially run the car with.

After a decent first session feeling out the changes and the cold track (50 degrees in AZ is extremely cold! Wink), I went out for my 2nd session only to hear the horrible rattle of a rod knocking after getting up to speed and running down a few slower cars on the main straight.  After pulling the valve cover to confirm it wasn't just a rocker or pushrod failure, I sadly tucked my tail between my legs, had my buddy go grab a U-haul trailer and drag me back home.

Nothing stood out as having been the cause of any problems...no low pressure warning lights or signs of pressure drop.  All I could think of was the session from about a year ago when I dropped pressure after the harmonic balancer pulled out and spewed a bunch of oil past the front seal when a mis-aligned power steering pulley pulled the balancer forward (because I had forgot to reinstall the spacer/tensioner on the power steering pump when I had to replace that last year).  Perhaps the damage was done then and it was just a matter of time.  I'll only know once I get her pulled and the bottom end pulled apart.

For now, here's only video I grabbed with the data overlay from session one.  It was my first time out and the blinding sunrise staring at you entering the main straight from the 110 degree tight entry was definitely a handicap.  My goal was to get the car sorted and comfortable and kick off 1:05's before I left, but unfortunately I only manage 1:13's after getting hung up behind an M3 who's driver wasn't feeling too adventurous through the corners.  Until next time...

https://youtu.be/5dHfyPiAPls

Javelin74 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2018 at 12:16am
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2018 at 10:22am
I hate when that happens.  
iapexl8r View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iapexl8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2018 at 4:47pm
oh man thats a bummer. whats the plan?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic